SmartMedia Formatting Repair and Restoration

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Joshua, Jan 9, 2004.

  1. Joshua

    Joshua Guest

    If you have been wondering about how to revitalize those unusable
    SmartMedia cards that have been incorrectly formatted, I have a
    solution...
    http://www.drsmartmedia.com

    SmartMedia Restoration Service and Olympus Panorama Service

    Dead or unusable SmartMedia card? Don't throw it away! Camera and
    device errors are common and can cause formatting errors on Smart
    Media cards. The symptoms of an improperly formatted card include,
    "Card Error" messages and diminished storage capacity. Such format
    errors make SmartMedia cards unusable in cameras, MP3 players and
    other devices.

    I know the frustration of owning SmartMedia cards that fail to work
    properly due to format errors. After spending a few frustrating hours
    trying to fix my card, I eventually learned how to "repair" faulty
    cards. I figured, I was probably not the only person having such
    problems with SmartMedia, so I decided to make my service available on
    eBay. What I can do for you amounts to a low cost alternative to card
    replacement. However, this is not data recovery and unfortunately any
    images, music files or other data on your card will be lost during the
    restoration process.

    I enjoy playing with computers, electronics and digital cameras and
    decided to provide this service mainly to help others in my spare
    time. As you can tell by my pricing, this is more of a hobby for me
    than anything else and I enjoy getting and answering your questions.
    Frequently Asked Questions

    I can restore the following brand names of SmartMedia: Creative Labs,
    Dane-Elec, Delkin, Fluke, Fuji, Iomega, Kingston, Kodak, Lexar,
    Memorex, Microtech, Microtest, New Media, Olympus, PNY, Samsung,
    SanDisk, Simpletech, Verbatim, Viking and many more.

    What to expect:

    Your SmartMedia card will be restored to operable condition, assuming
    it is not physically damaged. The restored card will allow Olympus
    camera owners to use the Panorama feature, should their camera be so
    equipped. Each card will be individually tested prior to return
    shipping to ensure proper functioning and presence of the Olympus
    Panorama feature. The fee for my service is the same for 8MB, 16MB,
    32MB, 64MB and 128MB cards. My pricing is intended to keep your cost
    low; $13.00 for the first card and $1.00 for each additional card.
    This amount includes all return shipping or postage to the 50 United
    States. Please contact me in advance for shipping charges to other
    areas. I will accept only PayPal or US POSTAL Money Orders for
    payment. If paying by US POSTAL Money Order, it MUST accompany the
    card(s). If for some reason I am unable to restore your card, it
    will be returned to you with a full refund, minus return postage. Be
    sure to package your card properly as I will not be responsible for
    cards received in physically damaged condition. Please include your
    shipping address and email address with your card as I will make every
    effort to have your card on the way back to you within three days.
    Thank you for looking!

    Breathe new life into your previously unusable SmartMedia cards.

    Joshua, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Joshua

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi...

    Joshua wrote:
> [...]
    > low; $13.00 for the first card and $1.00 for each additional card.
    > This amount includes all return shipping or postage to the 50 United
    > States. Please contact me in advance for shipping charges to other
    > areas. I will accept only PayPal or US POSTAL Money Orders for
    > payment. If paying by US POSTAL Money Order, it MUST accompany the
    > card(s). If for some reason I am unable to restore your card, it
    > will be returned to you with a full refund, minus return postage. Be
    > sure to package your card properly as I will not be responsible for
    > cards received in physically damaged condition. Please include your
    > shipping address and email address with your card as I will make every
    > effort to have your card on the way back to you within three days.
    > Thank you for looking!
    >
    > Breathe new life into your previously unusable SmartMedia cards.

    Or, grab a free copy of smprep and do it yourself, instantly,
    and for free...

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Joshua

    spdsl

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Smartmedia card error smprep cis

    I tried to load the drivers into my windows xp machine but no success. If all else fails try this website.
    http://www.smartmediarepair.com
    I gave this company a shot and they delivered as promised. They were able to reformat and add the panorama feature to my card.
    Sherri

    spdsl, Jul 14, 2006