    Steve Guest

    Twice now when booting up. I have backed up data what next? Windows ME

    Steve
    Steve, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Steve

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 22:59:45 -0400, Steve <> wrote:

    >Twice now when booting up. I have backed up data what next? Windows ME
    >
    >Steve

    Shop for a new drive.
    Unk, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Steve

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    >| On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 22:59:45 -0400, Steve <> wrote:
    >|
    >| >Twice now when booting up. I have backed up data what next?
    >| >Windows ME
    >| >
    >| >Steve
    >|
    >| Shop for a new drive.

    And maybe a new OS?

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2004
  4. Steve

    Billh Guest

    Others have all ready beat me to the punch on getting a new harddrive and
    OS. I can only tell you you could be days or years from a harddrive
    failure. I work at a school and we have some donated computers in our labs
    that give me these warning when they boot up. Some have gone south others
    are still running everyday for over a year.

    So your tolerance level comes in to play if it is your data is important get
    a new drive if it is a beater computer like our labs then let it ride until
    it dies. I have done that in one lab and we got new computers before I had
    to replace the drive.

    Billh, Jul 3, 2004