    places which do not have a metrological station.

    My question is where does Samsung get its weather information from?

    Patrick

    Patrick FitzGerald, Apr 15, 2013

  2. Patrick FitzGerald

    Me Guest

    On 15/04/2013 2:29 p.m., Patrick FitzGerald wrote:

    > I have a Samsung galaxy mobile phone and note that it gives the
    > present temperature for Ashburton as 21 degrees. But the NZ
    > Metrological site gives the temperature as 25.1 degrees.
    >
    > I have also noted that at times I get a temperature reading from
    > places which do not have a metrological station.
    >
    > My question is where does Samsung get its weather information from?

    Lord Christopher Monckton

    Me, Apr 15, 2013

  3. Patrick FitzGerald

    Gordon Guest

    On 2013-04-15, Patrick FitzGerald <> wrote:

    > I have a Samsung galaxy mobile phone and note that it gives the
    > present temperature for Ashburton as 21 degrees. But the NZ
    > Metrological site gives the temperature as 25.1 degrees.
    >
    > I have also noted that at times I get a temperature reading from
    > places which do not have a metrological station.
    >
    > My question is where does Samsung get its weather information from?

    Now here is a thought, it might just be from the nasty Nats.

    Gordon, Apr 15, 2013
  4. Patrick FitzGerald

    Enkidu Guest

    On 15/04/13 14:29, Patrick FitzGerald wrote:

    > I have a Samsung galaxy mobile phone and note that it gives the
    > present temperature for Ashburton as 21 degrees. But the NZ
    > Metrological site gives the temperature as 25.1 degrees.
    >
    > I have also noted that at times I get a temperature reading from
    > places which do not have a metrological station.
    >
    > My question is where does Samsung get its weather information from?

    Weather stations at the cell site, perhaps?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 15, 2013
  5. On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 14:29:09 +1200, Patrick FitzGerald <> wrote:

    >I have a Samsung galaxy mobile phone and note that it gives the
    >present temperature for Ashburton as 21 degrees. But the NZ
    >Metrological site gives the temperature as 25.1 degrees.
    >
    >I have also noted that at times I get a temperature reading from
    >places which do not have a metrological station.
    >
    >My question is where does Samsung get its weather information from?
    >

    >Patrick

    Get a better Weather program, the US ones are no good, I am using the
    simple Asus.apk one that comes with my Chinese Tablet.

    Frank Williams, Apr 15, 2013