    regardless of brand or other features, that can save images as RAW?

    Thank you for your advice.

    David King
    David King, May 19, 2008

  2. David King

    ray Guest

    On Tue, 20 May 2008 08:13:02 +1000, David King wrote:

    > Can anyone please tell me what are the 2 or 3 most compact cameras,
    > regardless of brand or other features, that can save images as RAW?
    >
    > Thank you for your advice.
    >
    > David King

    Natively or using a kludge?
    ray, May 20, 2008

  3. David King

    Helen Guest

    On May 19, 6:13 pm, David King <> wrote:
    > Can anyone please tell me what are the 2 or 3 most compact cameras,
    > regardless of brand or other features, that can save images as RAW?
    >
    > Thank you for your advice.
    >
    > David King

    If you're talking about point and shoot cameras, I know the Canon
    Power Shot G9 has a RAW feature, as well as the Ricoh Caplio GX100. I
    know people who have these cameras.
    Helen
    Helen, May 20, 2008
  4. Helen <> wrote in news:e976dcfe-2864-43b8-a8e5-
    :

    > If you're talking about point and shoot cameras, I know the Canon
    > Power Shot G9 has a RAW feature

    The G9, unlike canons with the firmware hack (and most other compacts with
    RAW, I believe), can shoot RAWs a little faster than 1 every 1.5 seconds,
    if you get a fast SDHC card and "Low Level Format" it in the camera.
    Without the LLF, it takes about 4.5 seconds between shots (on the fly
    format verification?).

    --
    John Sheehy
    John P Sheehy, Jun 6, 2008
  5. David King

    SMS Guest

    David King wrote:
    > Can anyone please tell me what are the 2 or 3 most compact cameras,
    > regardless of brand or other features, that can save images as RAW?

    -Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2
    -Canon G9
    -Ricoh Caplio GX100 (available from Adorama, even though Ricoh doesn't
    distribute their cameras in the U.S. anymore).

    The Lumix has the advantage of a wide angle lens.
    The G9 has the advantage of and optical viewfinder.
    SMS, Jun 6, 2008
  6. David King

    SMS Guest

    SMS wrote:
    > David King wrote:
    >> Can anyone please tell me what are the 2 or 3 most compact cameras,
    >> regardless of brand or other features, that can save images as RAW?

    > -Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2
    > -Canon G9
    > -Ricoh Caplio GX100 (available from Adorama, even though Ricoh doesn't
    > distribute their cameras in the U.S. anymore).
    >
    > The Lumix has the advantage of a wide angle lens.
    > The G9 has the advantage of and optical viewfinder.

    Oh, and don't forge the 4.7 megapixel Sigma DP1. You can have a camera
    that almost no one else has!
    SMS, Jun 6, 2008
  7. David King

    Jeff R. Guest

    "SMS" <> wrote in message
    > David King wrote:
    >> Can anyone please tell me what are the 2 or 3 most compact cameras,
    >> regardless of brand or other features, that can save images as RAW?

    > -Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2
    > -Canon G9
    > -Ricoh Caplio GX100 (available from Adorama, even though Ricoh doesn't
    > distribute their cameras in the U.S. anymore).
    >
    > The Lumix has the advantage of a wide angle lens.
    > The G9 has the advantage of and optical viewfinder.

    ....and of not being a Lumix.

    --
    Jeff R.
    Jeff R., Jun 7, 2008