    original configuration - all seems right.
    I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has seen
    this and has a simple fix for it.
    Ben, Feb 11, 2004

  2. ----- Ben wrote: ----

    I came into a debockle the other day when a manager wanted
    to send a fax. the manager used the print option of word.
    he went through the normal process of entering the
    information for recipt.

    I might have missed the bleedingly obvious, but a fax is no
    an email that you "send" a message to, so how come you ar
    expecting to program the fax at the other end to send you
    receipt

    Windows FAX can update your application event log to
    reflect that a fax was sent, if that helps?
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFya28=?=, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Ben

    ben Guest

    I admit, when i look at it like that it is a bit funny,
    but i may have been unclear.
    when the fax is set with the recipients information ( fax
    number, recipiant's name)it shows the correct
    information. Mainly, the correct number including 1+ area
    code, prefix and destination number. the prefax shows all
    the information correctly also, however, when one attempts
    to send the fax the area code is missing and it attempts
    to dial a 1+ prefix and destination number. it is only on
    that machine.
    In order to solve the issue, I have also tried to work
    into the problem to find the steps taken to cause this,
    however i have been unsuccessful. before i left tonight i
    reloaded the software for word and the fax software and i
    am hopefull that it will be solved. I was looking for a
    quicker fix just in the chance it happens again.

    not

    ben, Feb 13, 2004
  4. Check the regional settings for the machine at fault?
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFya28=?=, Feb 13, 2004