    prints direct from my camera. Any recommendations?

    --
    Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD

    Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD

    Jeff Shoaf Guest

    www.hi-ti.com

    Jeff Shoaf, Apr 26, 2004

  3. Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD

    Dan J.S. Guest

    "Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD" <> wrote in message
    > I am thinking of getting a small, portable, sublim printer to make 4x6
    > prints direct from my camera. Any recommendations?
    >
    > --
    > Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD

    Canon CP - 300 - if you have a cannon or a direct print compatible
    camera....

    Dan J.S., Apr 26, 2004
  4. I looked at the hi-ti printer but decided on the Olympus for no other reason
    than it's name. I have only done a few dozen prints so far but I plan to use
    it for event work. I am very please with the results - so far. Of course
    only time will tell if it has any durability.

    Douglas
    -----------------

    Douglas MacDonald, Apr 26, 2004
  5. Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD

    Larry Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > I am thinking of getting a small, portable, sublim printer to make 4x6
    > prints direct from my camera. Any recommendations?
    >
    > --
    > Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD

    You dont mention which camera you have...

    If you have a Kodak camera, the Kodak printer dock does a GREAT job (and
    Wilhelm rates the print with a VERY long lifetime). There are a couple of
    different models to choose from, depending on which Kodak camera you use.

    The Sony DPP-EX7 has a nice little flip up LCD screen with a "touch stylus"
    used to make choices from the screen. It does rotation, brightness, contrast
    and cropping adjustments using the on screen menus. It prints from memory
    stick and any memory chip you have a PC-card adaptor for, but NOT from the
    camera.

    The Kodak is the better choice if you have a camera that can talk to it
    (several Kodak models including the 6490).

    The Sony is a better choice if you use any media that you can get a pc-card
    adaptor for. I have one adaptor that fits SD, MMC, Smart card, and memory
    stick, and another that fits cf-cards. I've not yet bought an adaptor for XD-
    cards.

    Both these printers are less than 300 (US) dollars.

    I wanted the Olympus dye sub printer, (the one that does up to 8x10) but
    couldn't locate supplies for it (not even at the store that was selling it)
    they couldn't even tell me what the paper/cartridges cost, as they had no
    listing at the time.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Apr 27, 2004
  6. Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD

    Peter Jones Guest

    On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:51:38 -0400, "Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD"
    <> wrote:

    >I am thinking of getting a small, portable, sublim printer to make 4x6
    >prints direct from my camera. Any recommendations?

    While the on-going costs are a bit higher than the Hi-Ti, the Canon
    CP-200/300 work very well. I think it would be a challenge to make
    portable dye-sub printer much smaller than the 300.

    Peter
    Everything about Vancouver, Canada
    http://www.YourVancouver.com
    Touchup, an image viewing applet (also shows EXIF)
    http://members.shaw.ca/jonespm2/software.htm

    Peter Jones, Apr 27, 2004