    Pentax Optio S4 - any opinions on this camera?

    What other small point and shoot cameras should we look at? Budget $600.

    TIA
    Jamie, Oct 1, 2004

  2. Jamie

    GT40 Guest

    On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:12:28 +0100, "Jamie" <@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I'm looking to buy my g/f a digital camera; however I've not really kept up
    >with what's new on the market since buying my PowerShot 400 nearly 2 years
    >ago.
    >
    >She's used my 400 on a number of occasions and has always complained that
    >the response time of the camera is too slow. I suspect that she's not
    >referring to the auto focus, but rather the navigation when browsing and
    >reviewing pictures on the camera.
    >
    >I advised her to go to a camera shop and play with different cameras models
    >to get a feel of how they operate. She came back she said that she liked the
    >Pentax Optio S4 - any opinions on this camera?
    >
    >What other small point and shoot cameras should we look at? Budget $600.

    Look at Canon and Nikon cameras.
    GT40, Oct 1, 2004

  3. >>>>> Look at Canon and Nikon cameras.

    I'm very happy with my Nikon 3100 (a newer model is surely out), which fits
    the hand very nicely, except for the slight blue/magenta cast of most
    pictures--the pictures are wonderfully sharp, though. But I am SUPER happy
    with my Canon SD-10. It is the tiniest camera you can imagine. It doesn't
    have a viewfinder, which I wouldn't use anyway, and it doesn't have a zoom,
    which I don't use anyway either (life is just fine without zooming, in my
    experience). But it has 4mp (the new SD-20 has 5mp), excellent color, and
    you can carry it anywhere, anytime because it is so small and weighs next to
    nothing. It fires up fast, and is so easy to use and handle that nothing
    compares to it--it makes photography as effortless as waving your hand
    around.
    Douglas W. Hoyt, Oct 1, 2004
  4. "Jamie" <@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I'm looking to buy my g/f a digital camera; however I've not really kept up
    > with what's new on the market since buying my PowerShot 400 nearly 2 years
    > ago.

    The new polariod x530 has better video than the best dedicated cam
    corders, as well as 4.5M HUGE pixels, for the first noise-free compact
    at ISO 100. It has larger pixels than the Canon 20D!
    Georgette Preddy, Oct 2, 2004
  5. Jamie

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    The Maven of Misinformation has returned.

    Phil Wheeler, Oct 2, 2004