    for yers with my old laptop.

    Thanks in advance.

    Duncan

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHVuY2Fu?=, Apr 14, 2006

  2. "duncan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Brand new laptop connected to two desk tops
    >
    > Laptop runs Windows XP Pro whereas the desktops both run XP Home. We are
    > connected via a wireless network.
    >
    > When I got the laptop, two weeks ago, I let it set up the network
    > connection
    > automatically and it worked perfectly.
    >
    > I just took the laptop on a business trip and when I reconnected to the
    > network, I am getting the message on the deksptops that they cannot access
    > my
    > laptop because they don't have permission.
    >
    > I have changed nothing at all. I did connect to another network whilst
    > away
    > but again everything happened automatically and I changed nothing
    > manually.
    >
    > PLEASE help me to learn how to recoever from this as I have suffered from
    > it
    > for yers with my old laptop.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Duncan

    Assuming you have installed no needed programs since that connect with the
    other system, the simplest thing to do is a system restore to a day before
    that date and all will be back to where it was.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Apr 20, 2006

  3. I hadn't thought of that but since it's a brand new computer I'm afraid I am
    an option now I'm afraid.

    I remember exactly the same thing happened when I bought my last laptop and
    would dearly love to know what happened and how to reverse it properly so
    that I don't keep getting caught out.

    One thing I noticed is that before I went away I didn't have any network
    connections apart from my wireless connection and now there is. I didn't
    notice when it appeared but can only guess that the problem comes along with
    it.

    Thanks for your suggestion and if there is a next time I will certainly take
    that approach.

    Duncan

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHVuY2Fu?=, Apr 20, 2006