    messages in the server waiting to be sent out?

    Thanks
    Dimon

    Dmitriy, Jan 10, 2005

  2. Dmitriy

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Dmitriy <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a problem of one of the domain machines having lost a marble or
    > two when it has started sending millions upon millions of emails.
    > Since all mail is handled by the Server that machine has lined-up a
    > huge pile of mail (thanks to fast LAN), which is now being slowly
    > pumped out to the internet. I've gone as far as unplugging the router
    > from the internet, to at least contain this problem (ISP is not happy
    > about the apparent spam), but how do I clear the huge pile of the
    > messages in the server waiting to be sent out?
    >

    > Thanks
    > Dimon

    You may want to post your question to comp.secuirty.firewalls as they have
    some people there that work with 2003 servers.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 10, 2005

  3. On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:32:27 +0000, Dmitriy <>
    wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >I have a problem of one of the domain machines having lost a marble or
    >two when it has started sending millions upon millions of emails.
    >Since all mail is handled by the Server that machine has lined-up a
    >huge pile of mail (thanks to fast LAN), which is now being slowly
    >pumped out to the internet. I've gone as far as unplugging the router
    >from the internet, to at least contain this problem (ISP is not happy
    >about the apparent spam), but how do I clear the huge pile of the
    >messages in the server waiting to be sent out?

    Assuming a hacker hasn't gotten through to it, there's probably a self
    replicating virus that's emailing out copies of itself. You'll have
    to be online to fix it and you may not be able to successfully do that
    with the machine if your upstream bandwidth

    Click: Start... Run... type "msconfig" and click ok. Click
    "Selective startup", then clear the checkbox for "Load start up
    items", and click "Apply" and "Ok" or "Close". Then click "Yes" to
    restart the computer. (You may get a most pleasant surprise from this
    trick.) This and uninstalling Outlook Express might stop the
    behavior so you can bring the network back online and virus scan the
    machine. Try this online scanner from Panda:

    The Startup change may disable software you want to have starting up
    such as the anti virus that isn't working or other important software.
    You can go back to the Start up tab of msconfig to turn back on what
    you want to have running.

    TMI: You can widen the Command column to find out what folder the
    file is running from and the folder names will clue you to what the
    file is for.

    Swill

    --
    If electricity comes from electrons,