small 1M or 2M camera (something like Epic Stylus of digital cameras)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by H. S., Oct 23, 2003.

  1. H. S.

    H. S. Guest

    Hi,

    I am thinking of buying a small 1MP~2MP digital camera. I am fairly open
    to what options it would have or not have. Zoom is not necessary, manual
    focusing and exposure is not necessay (white balance manual would be
    nice). Only that it should give not too bad pictures. It is supposed to
    be for casual use, to grab pictures for email and webpage purposes and
    almost never for printing purposes.

    Which one would you suggest? I am desiring one for around $150~$200
    Canadian.

    Thanks,
    ->HS
    --
    ---------------------- X ----------------------
    Remove all underscores from my email address to get the correct one.
    H. S., Oct 23, 2003

  2. H. S.

    jeebus Guest

    "H. S." <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am thinking of buying a small 1MP~2MP digital camera. I am fairly open
    > to what options it would have or not have. Zoom is not necessary, manual
    > focusing and exposure is not necessay (white balance manual would be
    > nice). Only that it should give not too bad pictures. It is supposed to
    > be for casual use, to grab pictures for email and webpage purposes and
    > almost never for printing purposes.
    >
    > Which one would you suggest? I am desiring one for around $150~$200
    > Canadian.

    Have a look for an Olympus C-920 or C-960.

    ---
    jeebus, Oct 23, 2003

  3. H. S.

    H. S. Guest

    Re: small 1M or 2M camera (something like Epic Stylus of digitalcameras)

    H. S. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am thinking of buying a small 1MP~2MP digital camera. I am fairly open
    > to what options it would have or not have. Zoom is not necessary, manual
    > focusing and exposure is not necessay (white balance manual would be
    > nice). Only that it should give not too bad pictures. It is supposed to
    > be for casual use, to grab pictures for email and webpage purposes and
    > almost never for printing purposes.
    >
    > Which one would you suggest? I am desiring one for around $150~$200
    > Canadian.

    I have just noticed that Canon A100 (1.2MP) is available locally here in
    Montreal for $199.99. Any comments for this camera? Specifically if it
    has any serious known drawbacks?

    thanks,
    ->HS

    H. S., Oct 24, 2003
  4. http://www.buydig.com/shop.php?prod_id=HPPS812RB

    DigitalCameraBasics, Oct 24, 2003
  5. "H. S." <> wrote in message
    >Hi,
    >
    >I am thinking of buying a small 1MP~2MP digital camera. I am fairly open to
    >what options it would have or not have. Zoom is not necessary, manual
    >focusing and exposure is not necessay (white balance manual would be nice).
    >Only that it should give not too bad pictures. It is supposed to be for
    >casual use, to grab pictures for email and webpage purposes and almost
    >never for printing purposes.
    >
    >Which one would you suggest? I am desiring one for around $150~$200
    >Canadian.

    Konica Revio C2 US$150 1Mp
    HP Photosmart 435 US$150 3Mp
    Gateway TC20 US$100 2Mp
    Olympus Camedia D390 $150 2Mp

    You know that if you go just a bit higher then you get something
    much better, i.e.

    Fuji FinePix A303 at US$176 at least has a 3x optical zoom in
    addition to being 3.3Mp.
    Steven Scharf, Oct 24, 2003