SMAC 2.0 MAC Address Changer is released!

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by aladin168@hotmail.com, May 19, 2006.

  1. Guest

    ===============================
    SMAC 2.0 - MAC Address Spoofer
    ===============================

    SMAC 2.0 URL: http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac

    SMAC 2.0 is released!

    SMAC is a powerful, yet an easy-to-use and intuitive Windows MAC
    Address Changer which allows users to spoof MAC address for almost any
    Network Interface Cards (NIC) on the Windows 2000, XP, and 2003 Server
    systems, regardless of whether the manufacturers allow this option or
    not.

    ==================
    SMAC 2.0 Features:
    ==================

    - Change MAC Address with 3 clicks:
    --- Click to select a network adapter
    --- Click "Random" to generate a MAC Address to spoof
    --- Click "Update MAC" to change and activate new MAC Address

    - Protect your personal privacy by hiding the real MAC Address of your
    Network Adapters

    - Easy, intuitive, and user-friendly GUI for viewing and changing MAC
    addresses

    - Allow users the option to set the network adapter to automatically
    restart after MAC Address spoofing, or manually restart

    - Displays the following information of your Network Interface Card
    (NIC)

    o Device ID
    o Active Status
    o NIC description
    o NIC Manufacturer
    o Spoofed status (Yes/No)
    o IP Address
    o Active MAC addresses
    o Spoofed MAC Address
    o NIC Hardware ID
    o NIC Configuration ID

    - Displays the Network Adapter manufacturer associated with the New
    Spoofed MAC Address

    - Allow users to generate random MAC Addresses for spoofing

    - Allow users the option to display detailed information of all
    available adapters, or ONLY the active network adapters

    - Allow users to display Network and IP Configuration (IPConfig)
    information with 1 button click

    - Allow users to view up to 10 Most Recently Used (MRU) MAC Addresses
    and select a new Spoofed MAC Address directly from the MRU list

    - Allow users to load a MAC Address List and choose New Spoofed MAC
    Address directly from the list (Professional Edition only)

    - Allow users to create comprehensive reports on Network Adapter
    details (Professional Edition only)

    - Built-in logging capability allows users to track MAC address change
    activities (Professional Edition has the option to turn-on or turn-off
    this option)

    - Remove spoofed MAC Address to restore original MAC Address

    SMAC URL: http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac

    ======================
    Why use SMAC?
    ======================

    -Protect Personal and Individual Privacy by cloning a different MAC
    Address. Many organizations track wired or wireless network users via
    their MAC Addresses... In addition, there are more and more wifi
    Wireless connections available these days, and Wireless network is all
    based on the MAC Addresses, therefore, wireless network security and
    privacy is all about MAC Addresses!

    -Perform Security Vulnerability Testing. Penetration Testing on MAC
    Address based Authentication and Authorization Systems, i.e. Wireless
    Access Points. (Disclaimer: Authorization to perform these tests must
    be obtained from the system owner(s).)

    -Build "TRUE" Stand-by (offline) systems with the EXACTLY THE SAME
    ComputerName, IP, and MAC ADDRESSES as the Primary Systems. If
    Stand-by systems should be put online, NO ARP table refresh is
    necessary, which eliminates any possible ARP related issues that could
    cause extra downtime.

    -Some online Game Players (Gamers) require changing the MAC addresses
    to fix IP problems for some reasons...

    -Build High-Availability solutions. For example, some firewalls that
    run on multi-port NIC's (i.e. quad port NIC) require the same MAC
    address for every port to achieve fail-over.

    -Troubleshoot Network problems. ARP Tables, Routering, Switching, ...

    -Troubleshoot system problems

    -Test network management tools

    -Test incident response procedures on simulated network problems

    -Test Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), whether they are Host and
    Network Based IDS.

    -If for whatever reason you need to keep the same MAC address as your
    old NIC, but your old NIC failed...

    -Some software can ONLY be installed and run on the systems with
    pre-defined MAC address in the license file. If you need to install
    one of these software to another system with a different Network
    Interface Card (NIC) because your system or NIC is broken, SMAC will
    come handy. However, you are responsible to comply with the software
    vendor's licensing agreement.

    -Some Cable Modem ISP's assign users the IP addresses base on the PC's
    MAC addresses. For whatever reason, if you need to swap 2 PC's
    regularly to connect to the cable modem, it would be a lot easier to
    change the MAC addresses rather than to change Network Interface Card
    (NIC). (You need to check with your ISP and make sure you are not
    violating any service agreements.)

    ====================

    SMAC URL: http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac

    , May 19, 2006

  2. S. Pidgorny Guest

    Cool. MAC spoofing really highlights some of the security design flaws, when
    layer 2 changes allow to compromise security on layers 2-7 of OSI model.

    I have already done some research on the IEEE 802.1x. My latest observation:
    Cisco Call Manager is using MAC address to identify IP phne and assign
    extension. The also recommend to filter MAC addressed enterprise-wide to
    avoid spoofing - something that is hardly possible, and certainly requires a
    lot of admin effort.

    --
    Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
    -= F1 is the key =-

    S. Pidgorny, May 21, 2006

  3. From: "S. Pidgorny <MVP>" <>

    | Cool. MAC spoofing really highlights some of the security design flaws, when
    | layer 2 changes allow to compromise security on layers 2-7 of OSI model.

    | I have already done some research on the IEEE 802.1x. My latest observation:
    | Cisco Call Manager is using MAC address to identify IP phne and assign
    | extension. The also recommend to filter MAC addressed enterprise-wide to
    | avoid spoofing - something that is hardly possible, and certainly requires a
    | lot of admin effort.

    | --
    | Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
    | -= F1 is the key =-

    Please don't give a spammer legitimacy !

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    David H. Lipman, May 21, 2006
  4. S. Pidgorny Guest

    Dave,

    Announcement of a new version of a well-known utility is hardly spam.

    regards

    Slav

    S. Pidgorny, May 22, 2006
  5. But, unsolicted advertising not in direct response to a question is spam.
    Tom

    Tom [Pepper] Willett, May 22, 2006
  6. S. Pidgorny <MVP> wrote:

    > Announcement of a new version of a well-known utility is hardly spam.

    It is, bceuase it's superfluos.

    You're requesting $29.95 for a graphical frontend for setting a simple
    registry entry, that, depending on the driver, doesn't even work at all?

    Sebastian Gottschalk, May 22, 2006
  7. Hootowl Guest

    On 18 May 2006 17:59:50 -0700, wrote:

    >===============================
    >SMAC 2.0 - MAC Address Spoofer
    >===============================
    >
    >SMAC 2.0 URL: http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac
    >
    >SMAC 2.0 is released!
    >
    >SMAC is a powerful, yet an easy-to-use and intuitive Windows MAC
    >Address Changer which allows users to spoof MAC address for almost any
    >Network Interface Cards (NIC) on the Windows 2000, XP, and 2003 Server
    >systems, regardless of whether the manufacturers allow this option or
    >not.

    Anything like this for Win98SE (or DOS)?

    Hootowl, May 23, 2006
  8. S. Pidgorny Guest

    Yep. Didn't pay attention to the new addition - the price tag. This is
    ridiculous.

    S. Pidgorny, May 23, 2006