    do. Anyone had a similar problem or know a fix for this?

    Merry Xmas
    JF

    JF, Dec 25, 2006

  2. JF

    Guest

    "JF" <> wrote:

    >I am trying to put together a pc using the following motherboard ASROCK
    >ALiveNF64-DVI .This MB seems to be heavily dependant on Nvidia. When I
    >installed windows xp everything was fine, when I ran the motherboard driver
    >disc. I chose the all in one driver but when I restarted I got the following
    >message.
    >IRQL_LESS_THAN_EQUAL. After a google I found that this could be the onboard
    >sound, so I disabled that and still nothing. I reformatted and installed all
    >the items with exclamation marks individually and have isolated the SM Bus
    >Controller as the offender. When installed, the same BSOD appears with the
    >same message. The computer seems to be running fine now. what will happen if
    >I never install this driver? What is the SM bus controller and what does it
    >do. Anyone had a similar problem or know a fix for this?
    >
    >Merry Xmas
    >JF

    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Q_20966120.html
    (you can only get to this page once - with cookies enabled)

    --
    http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/

    , Dec 25, 2006

  3. JF

    JANA Guest

    Go to the link below, and read the instructions. You have to install a
    driver that is for your mother board. At the link below a simple description
    is given.

    http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/cs-013541.htm

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Dec 25, 2006
  4. JF

    JF Guest

    "JANA" <> wrote in message
    > Go to the link below, and read the instructions. You have to install a
    > driver that is for your mother board. At the link below a simple
    > description
    > is given.
    >
    > http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/cs-013541.htm
    >
    > --
    >
    > JANA
    > _____

    Thanks but it's an AMD based board

    JF, Dec 25, 2006
  5. JF

    Mr User Guest

    Mr User, Dec 25, 2006
  6. JF

    JF Guest

    >>> _____

    >> Thanks but it's an AMD based board

    > You'll need the chipset drivers normally provided on CD with the MoBo.
    > http://www.asrock.com/support/index_download.asp
    > ^^ That may help

    I am installing the driver provided with the motherboard

    JF, Dec 25, 2006
  7. JF

    Mr User Guest

    JF wrote:
    > "Mr User" <> wrote in message
    >> You'll need the chipset drivers normally provided on CD with the MoBo.
    >> http://www.asrock.com/support/index_download.asp
    >> ^^ That may help

    > I am installing the driver provided with the motherboard

    ^ What you mean is you *did* install the driver as in past tense ... yes?
    Then let me rephrase .. use the most recent driver i.e. look for an
    update. Your system will run fine without this driver installed it's a
    South-bridge low speed bus driver.

    http://articles.networktechs.com/114-p1.php

    Mr User, Dec 25, 2006