    Windows Vista RC1
    Athlon64 3800+ (2.4GHz) on ASUS A8R-MVP, 1 GB DDR400, ATI 1600XT graphics
    card.
    Carl Rash, Sep 14, 2006

  2. Carl Rash

    Guest

    Carl Rash wrote:
    > I downloaded mysql server 5.0 in a winzip format. I wanted to extract it to
    > c:. I right click on the zip file and click extract all. Initially windows
    > shows 39 minutes to extract 130 MBof data. In reality it took around 5
    > minutes. I downloaded the file in less than 2 minutes. Whats going on? Every
    > thing else I do with Vista is very responsive.
    >
    > Windows Vista RC1
    > Athlon64 3800+ (2.4GHz) on ASUS A8R-MVP, 1 GB DDR400, ATI 1600XT graphics
    > card.

    Give 7-zip a try and please report the results.

    Do you have enough space on the disk? Is it defragged?
    , Sep 14, 2006

  3. Carl Rash

    chinga69 Guest

    chinga69, Sep 14, 2006
  4. Carl Rash

    Carl Rash Guest

    Go 7-Zip ... 1 minute 15 seconds, much much better

    Carl Rash, Sep 14, 2006
  5. I was having the same problem with Vista RC2 x86.

    Just right-clicking on a zip file would nearly lock up my computer for ages.

    Then I temporarily disabled CA Anti-Virus and the problem went away! Zip
    files were nice and fast.

    Hope this helps!

    Keith

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGg=?=, Oct 21, 2006