    could this be a keylogger I have and I dont know, all my updates are
    up to dat and my AV is also as well.

    Thanks for all the help I can get

    naguaramipana, Oct 21, 2010

  2. naguaramipana

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-10-21, naguaramipana <> wrote:
    > Hi gurus
    >
    > I have this problem just while on the web, if I type full speed the
    > letter randomly drop or skip, but if I slow down just a little the
    > letter are ok when I type, this drop and skip include the space bar.
    >
    > could this be a keylogger I have and I dont know, all my updates are
    > up to dat and my AV is also as well.
    >
    > Thanks for all the help I can get

    If the program you are typing into is 'somewhere on the web' rather than
    on your own computer, you can expect some delay in the program's response
    to your keyboard; the 'packets' of data from your computer could be going
    right around the world to get to the program you're using - and some of
    them will get out of order, or lost entirely. This is one of the aspects
    of "cloud computing" that doesn't get much attention in the
    advertisements.

    Something else that can interfere with your typing even if you are using a
    program running on your own computer, is too many other programs trying to
    run at the same time. The solution to that should be fairly obvious ;))

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Oct 21, 2010

  3. naguaramipana

    chuckcar Guest

    naguaramipana <> wrote in

    > Hi gurus
    >
    > I have this problem just while on the web, if I type full speed the
    > letter randomly drop or skip, but if I slow down just a little the
    > letter are ok when I type, this drop and skip include the space bar.
    >
    > could this be a keylogger I have and I dont know, all my updates are
    > up to dat and my AV is also as well.
    >
    > Thanks for all the help I can get

    Does this happen is safe mode? If you don't know, you can get the
    windows startup menu by tapping the F8 key continously (until it beeps)
    on a reboot. From there, you use the *keyboard* to select safe mode.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 21, 2010
  4. naguaramipana <> via news:78e5423b-36dc-4ac6-92b1-
    :

    > Hi gurus
    >
    > I have this problem just while on the web, if I type full speed the
    > letter randomly drop or skip, but if I slow down just a little the
    > letter are ok when I type, this drop and skip include the space bar.
    >
    > could this be a keylogger I have and I dont know, all my updates are
    > up to dat and my AV is also as well.
    >
    > Thanks for all the help I can get

    In web forms? Like the Googles?

    It's called "lag". Has to do with their Java/Flash applets
    and your transmission speed. You just have to slow down a
    bit and hit the keys with more emphasis -- but not a hammer.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
    that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

    "The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe."
    -- Dr. McCoy, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

    Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    Bucky Breeder, Oct 21, 2010