    it comes up. Is that normal and if not, how do I fix it?

    Thanks,
    Mary
    Queen Mary, Nov 13, 2006

  2. Queen Mary wrote:
    > When I startup Firefox, it seems like it takes forever. I would say
    > once I click onto a desktop icon, it is at least 30-45 seconds before
    > it comes up. Is that normal and if not, how do I fix it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mary

    Firefox will never load up that first time as fast as IE does. IE is
    never completely closed.

    I find that after that first startup, subsequent starts are much faster.

    45 seconds is extreme. This article gives some ideas on how you can get
    your system to react faster:

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Increasing_startup_speed

    Once you have taken those steps, FF should start faster. If it still
    seems too slow, there is a pre loader that some people seem think helps.
    I have never used it, so I I can't say from personal experence:

    https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffpreloader/

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 13, 2006