    Is there a way to speed things up without physically
    disconnecting the router each time?

    Bill Taylor

    Bill, Jan 28, 2005

  2. Bill

    mikeFNB Guest

    not had norton system works on it have you?
    common problem.

    mike

    mikeFNB, Jan 28, 2005

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    No but I do have Norton Internet Security. I intially
    disabled it while setting up the network, but reactivated
    it afterwards once it was working and I included the range
    of allowable IP's.
    From memory, slow shutdown occured even when disabled but
    will investigate both scenarios.

    Thanks for your response.

    Bill, Jan 28, 2005
  4. Bill

    mikeFNB Guest

    ok wrong tree to bark up then.
    have you tried un/re - installing the router software?

    mike

    mikeFNB, Jan 28, 2005
  5. Bill

    Bill Guest

    No router software to uninstall. It just plugged in and I
    sign on to the internal address to adjust settings within
    the router itself.

    Bill, Jan 28, 2005
  6. Bill

    mikeFNB Guest

    did it not come with a disc?
    what is it?

    mike

    mikeFNB, Jan 28, 2005
  7. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Itis a netgear WGT624. The disk only contains setup
    info, similar to the html screens when I lof on to the
    base router address to change settings. Certainly no
    software such as that with the d-link wirelss cards in
    the remote pc's.

    Bill, Jan 30, 2005
  8. Bill

    mikeFNB Guest

    yea sure, understand now.
    cause it won't need sware.

    does the windows events log give any clues

    mike

    mikeFNB, Jan 30, 2005