slow saving

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by r.howard1, Feb 27, 2008.

  1. r.howard1

    r.howard1 Guest

    > close FF, then click on the windows start button, then run and enter:
    >
    > firefox.exe -safe-mode
    >
    > this will start FF in safe mode. This means that all addons, extensions,
    > and themes are disabled. Does the problem continue in safe mode?

    Thanks for your prompt response, Peter!

    Well, I just tried your suggestion and unfortunately it didn't make any
    difference.

    You know, sometime back I had the same problem but worse. FF would freeze
    indefinitely whenever I tried to save a webpage. I posted to this NG and
    someone advised me to delete a certain file in the FF folder. I did and it
    worked. I would like to try that again but I can't remember the filename.
    Would you have any idea what that file might be?

    Thanks.

    r.howard1, Feb 27, 2008

  2. r.howard1 wrote:
    >> close FF, then click on the windows start button, then run and enter:
    >>
    >> firefox.exe -safe-mode
    >>
    >> this will start FF in safe mode. This means that all addons, extensions,
    >> and themes are disabled. Does the problem continue in safe mode?

    > Thanks for your prompt response, Peter!
    >
    > Well, I just tried your suggestion and unfortunately it didn't make any
    > difference.
    >
    > You know, sometime back I had the same problem but worse. FF would freeze
    > indefinitely whenever I tried to save a webpage. I posted to this NG and
    > someone advised me to delete a certain file in the FF folder. I did and it
    > worked. I would like to try that again but I can't remember the filename.
    > Would you have any idea what that file might be?
    >
    > Thanks.

    close the program, and delete the file downloads.rdf from
    your FF profile. Does it work now?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 27, 2008

  3. r.howard1

    r.howard1 Guest

    > close the program, and delete the file downloads.rdf from
    > your FF profile. Does it work now?

    Yes, it did!

    Thanks a lot, Peter!/potamus.htm

    r.howard1, Feb 27, 2008