    Norton Antivirus 2003 installed with all the latest definitions.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks
    GC, Aug 9, 2004

  2. GC

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| I have Internet Connection sharing setup.... all computers using
    >| Windows 2K.
    >|
    >| One of the computers (the fastest one of the lot) for the past few
    >| days has been very slow with bring up web sites...
    >| I really have no idea where to start... the pages come up fine on
    >| the other computers but just not on this one.
    >|
    >| Secure Sites are especially slow...... When I click on "LOGIN" it
    >| brings up another windows (secure) has the lock down the bottom,
    >| but it sits there for ages with just a blank screen.... Eventually
    >| it does come up.... this happens with all secure login sites that
    >| I've tried....
    >| Running IE 6 with SP1.... All critical patches installed...
    >| Norton Antivirus 2003 installed with all the latest definitions.
    >|
    >| Anyone have any ideas?
    >|
    >| Thanks

    Have you performed basic maintenance? Cleared temp files, ran
    scandisk/defrag, registry checker, etc.? Have you installed "malware"
    prevention as well as your AV? If you haven't run Spybot Search & Destroy,
    AdAware, and Spyware Blaster you really ought to - it's almost as important
    as your AV. Do you have a working firewall in place?

    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm - LOT'S of wonderful information
    there!

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Aug 10, 2004