    Why is that?

    Thanks,

    , Oct 18, 2006

  2. pcdoc2010 Guest

    I don't seem to have any trouble with USB printing directly to a
    networked printer.
    I'd look more closely at what the difference is with your laptop.
    Make sure you have the correct drivers and possibly re install the
    printer.

    I'd also check the printer to see if it has a 'sharing' issue between
    USB and networked printing.

    Dan

    pcdoc2010, Oct 18, 2006

  3. ssimpson24

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    B,

    I had the same issue with slow printing when the HP 4250 was plugged via USB directly to my PC. I finally figured out the solution. If you go to the printer and right click to properties, click on Ports. It should be using the DOT4 port, but the driver for Dot4 on mine was way out of date. Fix - go to MY COMPUTER, right click to manage. Go to Device Manager. You'll see the DOT4 driver listed there. Do a scan to check for updates and it will update the driver. Printing is now normal speed. I hope this helps.:)

    ssimpson24, Aug 29, 2013