    Cliff Tan Guest

    Is there any way to enhance the performance of 32-bit programs running on
    64-bit Windows Vista?
    Cliff Tan, Jun 25, 2008

  2. What makes you believe that 32bit programs are slow? It wouldn't be because
    of the OS being 64bit. 32bit programs run natively just the same as on
    32bit Vista. What programs are sluggish?

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 25, 2008

  3. Cliff Tan

    Bill Guest

    Install the 32 bit program twice. It will then run as 64 bit. (Don't you
    wish it were that easy!)

    BullDawg

    Bill, Jun 25, 2008
  4. Do you have any 64bit App's that you think are performing adequately, in a
    way that you actually notice any difference? There shouldn't be any
    difference - what you are seeing could be a HD that is filling up, or is
    severely fragmented, which would indicate a system that is slowing down?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 25, 2008
  5. LOL. We had a user here a couple of years ago who thought he should get
    64bit color depth when he installed his dual SLI video cards. Honest.

    "Bill" <eschol@remove_this.shinbiro.com> wrote in message
    > Install the 32 bit program twice. It will then run as 64 bit. (Don't you
    > wish it were that easy!)
    >
    > BullDawg
    >
    > "Colin Barnhorst" <> wrote in message
    >> What makes you believe that 32bit programs are slow? It wouldn't be
    >> because of the OS being 64bit. 32bit programs run natively just the same
    >> as on 32bit Vista. What programs are sluggish?
    >>
    >> "Cliff Tan" <Cliff > wrote in message
    >>> Is there any way to enhance the performance of 32-bit programs running
    >>> on
    >>> 64-bit Windows Vista?

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 25, 2008
  6. Cliff Tan

    Carlos Guest

    Cliff,
    Are your 32-bit programs running slower as compared to what?
    How much memory you have in your system?
    2 gigabytes might be the lowest for 64-bit Vista.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jun 25, 2008
  7. Are you using a good usb stick for ReadyBoost? At 2GB you should see some
    benefit if your hard drive light is on most of the time.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 25, 2008