    Internet. Please where do I need to look or do to determine the root
    cause of the slowness. The Network is made up of a 6500, few 4000 and
    lots of 3550s spanning about eight buildings. Thanks.
    Someone, Aug 8, 2007

  2. Someone

    Trendkill Guest

    On Aug 7, 11:09 pm, Someone <> wrote:
    > People are complaing the network is slow, including browsing the
    > Internet. Please where do I need to look or do to determine the root
    > cause of the slowness. The Network is made up of a 6500, few 4000 and
    > lots of 3550s spanning about eight buildings. Thanks.

    Ummm....very broad question, but its probably always a good idea to
    start in the core MSFC and switch, and start looking at logs. Unless
    you have daisy-chained devices and small legacy links, a modern
    network should not be slow unless there are issues. Well, its also a
    good idea to find out what 'slow network' means. If they are all
    hitting the same email or file server, then you may have a bottleneck
    on a node rather than the network. Basically, start at the core, but
    we need more information to give further advice.
    Trendkill, Aug 8, 2007