    -its connected at 11MBps
    -but it only uses 1% of 11MBps

    how do I make it faster? Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?cGlnZ3k=?=, Mar 27, 2005

  2. On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:19:04 -0800, "piggy"
    <> wrote :

    >I'm using wireless networking with 11MBps
    >
    >-its connected at 11MBps
    >-but it only uses 1% of 11MBps
    >
    >how do I make it faster? Thanks

    Get a faster connection to your ISP.
    Its capacity might be 11MBps but it can only transmit what it receives
    as input - and I doubt your ISP connection is 11MBps - more like
    512KBps or perhaps 1M. It should use closer to it's maximum when
    transmitting data between computers connected to your network.

    Peter Wilkins, Mar 28, 2005

  3. I apologize, I should have been more clear

    This when i transfer files on an internal network.

    I'm trying to stream a dvd from a computer in the basement to my notebook.
    My max speed is 320kb/s

    I even went out and bought a microsoft wireless g router+card 54MBps.

    Same problem.

    Any advice?

    =?Utf-8?B?cGlnZ3k=?=, Mar 28, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cGlnZ3k=?=

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi

    When the Wireless source and the Wireless client are one feet apart a
    54Mb/sec. connection should yield a functional transfer of 18-22Mb/sec.
    (b=bit) which is a file transfer of about 2.5MB/sec. B=Byte).

    Once the client is in another location it depends on the envioroment
    (Distance, and or Electrical Noise).

    You might need to extend the coverage, or Bridge a connection.

    May be this can Help.

    Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging1.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Mar 28, 2005