Slow net response

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rachana, Jan 2, 2008.

  1. Rachana

    Rachana Guest

    Hi ! wish you all very happy , cheerful energetic new year!

    From last few days, my internet response has become very very
    slow...whether i use web, group, mail.

    after clicking on internet explorer icon, I don't get home page in
    first attempt. I always get err.msg.--page can't be displayed. After,
    2-3 consecutive tries, I get the home page.

    Many times, using mail - I get error box showing err.line and
    description and asking for debug option

    From yesterday, it has started hanging, too.
    for e.g. if I select group, bar starts increasing and halts. I have to
    End the program with help of ctrl+alt+del

    What could be the possible reason?
    I have done virus check.

    Thanks

    Regards,
    rachana
    Rachana, Jan 2, 2008

  2. Rachana

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Rachana wrote:
    > Hi ! wish you all very happy , cheerful energetic new year!
    >
    > From last few days, my internet response has become very very
    > slow...whether i use web, group, mail.
    >
    > after clicking on internet explorer icon, I don't get home page in
    > first attempt. I always get err.msg.--page can't be displayed. After,
    > 2-3 consecutive tries, I get the home page.
    >
    > Many times, using mail - I get error box showing err.line and
    > description and asking for debug option
    >
    > From yesterday, it has started hanging, too.
    > for e.g. if I select group, bar starts increasing and halts. I have to
    > End the program with help of ctrl+alt+del
    >
    > What could be the possible reason?

    Well guessing that your operating system is Binux 3.726 and your
    internet connectivity is the latest magnetic flux resonance system from
    Mesa-Corp, have you tried turning it off and on again?
    Desk Rabbit, Jan 2, 2008

  3. Rachana

    Rachana Guest

    On Jan 2, 2:12 pm, Desk Rabbit <> wrote:
    > Rachana wrote:
    > > Hi ! wish you all very happy , cheerful energetic new year!

    > > From last few days, my internet response has become very very
    > > slow...whether i use web, group, mail.

    > > after clicking on internet explorer icon, I don't get home page in
    > > first attempt. I always get err.msg.--page can't be displayed. After,
    > > 2-3 consecutive tries, I get the home page.

    > > Many times, using mail  - I get error box showing err.line and
    > > description and asking for debug option

    > > From yesterday, it has started hanging, too.
    > > for e.g. if I select group, bar starts increasing and halts. I have to
    > > End the program with help of ctrl+alt+del

    > > What could be the possible reason?

    > Well guessing that your operating system is Binux 3.726 and your
    > internet connectivity is the latest magnetic flux resonance system from
    > Mesa-Corp, have you tried turning it off and on again?- Hide quoted text -

    My OS - Windows 2000 professional
    and net connection - Tri-Band (MTNL,INDIA)
    Rachana, Jan 2, 2008
  4. Rachana

    Guest

    Rachana <> wrote:

    >> > What could be the possible reason?

    >> Well guessing that your operating system is Binux 3.726 and your
    >> internet connectivity is the latest magnetic flux resonance system from
    >> Mesa-Corp, have you tried turning it off and on again?

    >My OS - Windows 2000 professional
    >and net connection - Tri-Band (MTNL,INDIA)

    And an impressive setup :) but have you unplugged it to reset it?

    My router isn't as nice,but when my speed starts to suck I just unplug
    it for awhile. Plug it back in and speeds are back to normal or close.
    --

    www.fark.com headline winners
    http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=3301587&ok=1