    nothing seems to help.

    any help would be appreciated

    Ray

    =?Utf-8?B?UmF5?=, Feb 22, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UmF5?=

    Mark Gamache Guest

    What kind of wireless security are you using? On common issue that causes
    slow boot over wireless is authentication. If you are using something that
    involves 802.1X (WPA, WPA2, Dynamic WEP) your users may be authenticating,
    but not your computers. If the computer account doesn't have the proper
    credentials and group memberships, it will not be granted wireless access.
    There are a couple of timeouts and retries before the OS fails out and moves
    on.

    Cheers,

    --
    Mark Gamache
    Certified Security Solutions

    Mark Gamache, Feb 22, 2005

  3. Hi Mark,

    I should have been a little more clear, we don't currently have wireless
    access point in our office, the clients are connected through a network cable
    and logging on to a domain.

    Thanks,
    Ray

    =?Utf-8?B?UmF5?=, Feb 22, 2005
  4. Create a new hardware profile.
    1Go to system properties, 2 hardware tab, 3 click on hardware profiles, 4
    copy and name your hardware profile e.g. Wired LAN, 5 save your changes, 6
    restart you computer and select "Wired LAN" When prompted 7 Go to system
    properties "device manager" look for "network adapters" click on the + sign
    if you don't see the name of your wireless device, 8 when you locate de
    wireless adapter select it right click and click on "properties" 9 at the
    bottom of the window where it reads "Device usage:" click on the drop down
    arrow and select the option that reads "do not use this device in this
    profile", 10 Restart and select "Wired LAN" your login time to the domain
    will be the way you want it.

    =?Utf-8?B?Zmhlcg==?=, Feb 23, 2005