Slow Loading

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Nina, Oct 28, 2004.

  1. Nina

    Nina Guest

    From the time I switch on the computer to the time I have the ability
    to use it 10-11 minutes have passes. I've had a problem for a while
    now but ignored it. The first warning note is "Windows can't find
    c:\system32\autocntr.exe" and two hints "Check your typing" and use
    the search facility. I have just been closing the warnings because of
    impatience... I am using XP Prof and

    In the long hiatus while loading is continuing I get another warning "
    "Server is busy. Action cannot be completed while the prg is busy.
    Choose switch to activate the busy prg and correct it." About 8
    minutes into loading I have another wait for A-toolbar, Clipmate6 then
    Yellow Stickies.

    Finally everything is in order - what a relief. I still need help and
    suggestions.

    Back to search and Directory Opus. Wasn't it great when we were on the
    Amiga or even the C64?

    Many thanks for reading thus far. You couldn't hear what I was saying
    and thinking though could you? Expletives deleted.

    I know that I have too many separate prgs loading and that I should
    reduce the number. Some of them are hardly used. I can't use the
    Restore prg because I would lose too much.

    Nina

    Nina, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Nina

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Nina said the following on 28/10/2004 22:16:
    > From the time I switch on the computer to the time I have the ability
    > to use it 10-11 minutes have passes. I've had a problem for a while
    > now but ignored it. The first warning note is "Windows can't find
    > c:\system32\autocntr.exe" and two hints "Check your typing" and use
    > the search facility. I have just been closing the warnings because of
    > impatience... I am using XP Prof and
    >
    > In the long hiatus while loading is continuing I get another warning "
    > "Server is busy. Action cannot be completed while the prg is busy.
    > Choose switch to activate the busy prg and correct it." About 8
    > minutes into loading I have another wait for A-toolbar, Clipmate6 then
    > Yellow Stickies.
    >
    > Finally everything is in order - what a relief. I still need help and
    > suggestions.
    >
    > Back to search and Directory Opus. Wasn't it great when we were on the
    > Amiga or even the C64?
    >
    > Many thanks for reading thus far. You couldn't hear what I was saying
    > and thinking though could you? Expletives deleted.
    >
    > I know that I have too many separate prgs loading and that I should
    > reduce the number. Some of them are hardly used. I can't use the
    > Restore prg because I would lose too much.
    >

    > Nina

    The use of a suitable reg clean utility to get rid of badly uninstalled
    items might help.

    --
    He was so narrow-minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.
    Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |

    Collector_NZ, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Nina

    Pea Guest

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:09:19 +1300, Collector_NZ coughed softly and
    submitted:

    > The use of a suitable reg clean utility to get rid of badly uninstalled
    > items might help.

    Yup, try http://www.ccleaner.com/
    Have a read and don't clean to much :)
    Since Jouni Vuorio, http://www.jv16.org/, went commercial the freeware
    freaks rate it highly.
    I assume you run AdAware and Spybot and anti virus proggie is uptodate :)
    HTH

    Pea, Oct 28, 2004