Slow loading ASP.NET application

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Sanjay Pais, Jan 14, 2008.

  1. Sanjay Pais

    Sanjay Pais Guest

    We are setting up our new environment with our hosting providers.
    We have a Quad Core Windows 2003 Server with 12 GB RAM
    We have a Load balancer with 2 web servers and a database server. The
    website and the code are stored on a SAN.

    The problem we are facing is that the app pool takes very long to load >
    20sec
    We have another dual core windows 2003 server where it loads in 5 secs. This
    is
    a 64bit database server at our current hosting provider.

    we noticed that the ASP.NET Web site takes really long to load. When
    comparing
    it with load tests we did on our current server it loaded in under 5 secs.
    To time the load, I recycle the application pool and launch the browser from
    my desktop. I also tried launcing the website from the server after making
    an
    entry in the hosts file.

    I have tried Process Mon, File Mon to try and identify why the application
    is taking so long to load. but have not managed to get very far. We did try
    and pull out the Enterprise Library assemblies and that did account for 10
    secs.

    I also tried moving the code to the local disk, as well as using a different
    user
    (administrative priveliges) etc.

    I am running out of ideas and any suggestions are welcome.

    Let me know if you need anymore information.

    Cheers

    Sanjay

    Sanjay Pais, Jan 14, 2008

  2. Most of the folks here tend to focus on the desktop side of things, though
    you may get an answer anyway. But I suspect you'd do better asking over on
    an IIS newsgroup - this is less about 64bit, than it is about .NET.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 14, 2008