    audio, running by itself, is slowed: something else (what?) seems more
    likely to be the culprit. Little else was running at the same time.

    Any ideas?

    Hilarious, Feb 27, 2010

  2. Hilarious

    chuckcar Guest

    Hilarious <> wrote in
    news::

    > Looking at a refurb Tecra S1 for my aunt who likes iPlayer, etc. a
    > lot. I was v. surprised to find that the video ran slightly slow and
    > the audio was a semitone or so lower, too. I later found that CD
    > audio is a bit baritone as well.
    >
    > Anyone seen this before?
    >
    > The laptop is within iPlayer spec (1 GHz, 512MB) at 1.4 GHz and
    > 512MB. I will try 1 GB later but doubt this will help, given that the
    > audio, running by itself, is slowed: something else (what?) seems more
    > likely to be the culprit. Little else was running at the same time.

    You disabled everything else to make sure of this? Specifically *all*
    startup?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Feb 27, 2010

  3. Hilarious

    PeeCee Guest

    "Hilarious" <> wrote in message
    > Looking at a refurb Tecra S1 for my aunt who likes iPlayer, etc. a
    > lot. I was v. surprised to find that the video ran slightly slow and
    > the audio was a semitone or so lower, too. I later found that CD
    > audio is a bit baritone as well.
    >
    > Anyone seen this before?
    >
    > The laptop is within iPlayer spec (1 GHz, 512MB) at 1.4 GHz and
    > 512MB. I will try 1 GB later but doubt this will help, given that the
    > audio, running by itself, is slowed: something else (what?) seems more
    > likely to be the culprit. Little else was running at the same time.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Had that once with a Desktop needing a new Motherboard.
    After starting it up on the new motherboard and installing all the drivers,
    XP activation etc it was noticed the sound and video ran slow.
    Removal and reinstallation of the sound drivers fixed both.

    FWIW

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Feb 28, 2010