    --
    Soylent Green is People!
    LuvToGoFast

    luvtogofast, Jun 22, 2003

  2. luvtogofast

    °Mike° Guest

    Basic system maintenance:

    · Close I.E. and empty your temporary internet files from
    Control Panel / Internet Options. Be sure to check the
    box to include offline content.

    · Clean up unnecessary files from your hard drive. HDValet
    performs this well, and is highly configurable.

    http://www.filelibrary.com:8080/cgi-bin/freedownload/Multi-Platform/n/105/hdvalet.zip

    · Make sure that you do not have too many files and folders in
    'My Documents'. Create new folders *outside* of 'My Documents'
    and move stuff to the new folders.

    · Clean up your registry (you MUST read the FAQs):
    Jv16 Power Tools
    http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/shtml/jv16powertools.shtml
    EasyCleaner
    http://www.toniarts.com/ecleane.htm

    · Streamline your startups - disable what is not necessary:
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.htm
    http://www.greatis.com/regrun3startupprograms.htm
    http://www.greatis.com/regrun3necessary.htm

    · Reboot and immediately empty your Windows\Temp folder.

    · Empty your recycle bin.

    · Keep your system well maintained.

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 18:03:13 -0400, in
    <>
    luvtogofast scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2003

  3. luvtogofast

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 18:03:13 -0400, Whilst playing Smegball with the
    scutters luvtogofast <> wrote :

    >Over the past few days my cable internet connection has slowed down
    >alot. the cable company tells me that everything seems fine on thier
    >end but there seems to be a modem leak on my end. They suggest i scan
    >for adware or spyware. i did and found none and my connection is
    >still slow. I have not installed anything recently and i'm not sure
    >where to go from here, any suggestions?

    Your ISP is lying to you.
    They always do :/

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jun 23, 2003
  4. luvtogofast

    luvtogofast Guest

    no luck, any other suggestions?

    luvtogofast, Jun 23, 2003
  5. luvtogofast

    °Mike° Guest

    Have you scanned your system for virus/trojan infection?

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    --------------------------
    http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    http://www.pandasoftware.es/activescan/activescan-com.asp
    http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Vet (Computer Associates)
    http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

    Gladiator
    http://www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

    F-Prot
    http://www.f-prot.com/download/

    AVG
    http://www.grisoft.com/

    Anti-trojan:
    ----------------
    Trojan Defence Suite
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/

    Trojan Hunter
    http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter.jsp

    Trojan Remover
    http://www.simplysup.com/

    Tauscan
    http://www.agnitum.com/products/tauscan/

    Also streamline your startups:
    ------------------------------

    StartupList
    http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

    Startup Monitor
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

    Check what's necessary and what isn't
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_index.htm
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_full.htm

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:24:21 -0400, in
    <>
    luvtogofast scrawled:

    >no luck, any other suggestions?
    >
    >On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 23:09:27 +0100, °Mike°
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Basic system maintenance:

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Jun 23, 2003
  6. luvtogofast

    Fred Orton Guest

    You can try installing a firewall program. Zone Alarm is one that comes to
    mind, Black Ice is another. You set it to inform you of all outgoing
    internet requests, and it will spot any servers (trojans, etc...) running
    off your system. It will inform you of any unauthorized attempts to connect
    to the internet.

    Hope this helps,

    Fred.

    Fred Orton, Jun 24, 2003
  7. luvtogofast

    luvtogofast Guest

    i have zone alarm, my IP says there is something in my computer that
    is causing "packet loss", not really sure what that means but i have
    tried sys restore to fix, tried safe mode and other users on my
    computer all to no avail. Any other s;uggestions?
    help help help

    --
    Soylent Green is People!
    LuvToGoFast

    luvtogofast, Jun 24, 2003
  8. luvtogofast

    luvtogofast Guest

    i've scanned for virus and trogans and tried system restore and tried
    safe mode and logging on as a different user and nothing has worked
    sofar. Help ME Please!

    luvtogofast, Jun 24, 2003
  9. luvtogofast

    Steve Gorr Guest

    maybe your NIC is going bad?

    Steve Gorr, Jun 24, 2003
  10. luvtogofast

    luvtogofast Guest

    you are right, lying bastards
    after the 3rd call to customer service they fixed the problem

    Thanks all for the help

    --
    Soylent Green is People!
    LuvToGoFast

    luvtogofast, Jun 25, 2003
  11. luvtogofast

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:52:55 -0400, Whilst playing Smegball with the
    scutters luvtogofast <> wrote :

    >you are right, lying bastards
    >after the 3rd call to customer service they fixed the problem
    >
    >Thanks all for the help

    Funny eh :O
    BTSTGTTS

    --