    Is this a known issue? any suggested solutions (as I prefer to stick to
    the x64 and avoid rebooting into x32 in order to play)

    Thanks!

    Docco, Feb 22, 2006

  2. Hi,
    is there any energysaving option on ? Cool & Quiet / intel speedstep ??? or
    any else
    Or may be by processordriver the speed of your cpu is dynamic adjustet to
    slower speed (if cpu has NO LOAD)
    an the load is not detected when playing games.

    I had a similar effect when using a usb tv stick : I had to set my cpu's
    performance manually to highspeed.
    on my amd system ->desktop->properties->Screensaver->Energy.........

    regards jk

    Juergen Kluth, Feb 23, 2006

  3. Check to make sure your AGP driver is installed right, assuming it's AGP
    anyway. I just helped a guy with that problem this week sometime.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Vhd29sZg==?=, Feb 23, 2006
  4. Docco

    Docco Guest

    There's no special Energy saving setting, everything should be at max
    speed.
    I guess that it has something to do with either the video and/or sound
    drivers that still do not have high performance on x64 :(
    Even though I use the latest NVidia x64 drivers. Even video playback is
    significantly slower (very noticeable on HDTV playback)

    Docco, Mar 8, 2006
  5. Docco

    Rick Guest

    Start with a description of your hardware configuration and how you have
    it setup. The little bit of information you provide is not much to go
    on. Do you have a dual core CPU?

    Rick, Mar 8, 2006
  6. Docco

    Docco Guest

    Just to close this thread - it was the soundcard's fault (some crappy
    onboard card with probably no hardware acceleration at all...)
    The minute I've installed my Audigy with the lastest drivers everything
    started to work smooth...

    Docco, Mar 23, 2006