slow firefox start

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by s spector, Dec 5, 2009.

  1. s spector

    s spector Guest

    Why does Firefox take so long to start up? It seems like nothing is
    happening so I click on the logo again and eventually I have two ff
    browsers open simultaneously.
    s spector, Dec 5, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. s spector wrote:
    > Why does Firefox take so long to start up? It seems like nothing is
    > happening so I click on the logo again and eventually I have two ff
    > browsers open simultaneously.


    what version?

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!!

    Warning: Private emails sent to me may become public

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/mp3/p-potamus.mp3
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 5, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. s spector

    Justin Guest

    s spector wrote on [Fri, 04 Dec 2009 18:22:18 -0800]:
    > Why does Firefox take so long to start up? It seems like nothing is
    > happening so I click on the logo again and eventually I have two ff
    > browsers open simultaneously.


    Slow computer? pegged CPU? not enough ram? Lots of add-ons and sessions
    saved to restart?

    What is "so long"? 1 second? 10? 120?
    Justin, Dec 5, 2009
    #3
  4. s spector

    Herb Guest

    I have similar problem but think it's more 'puter-related as it's
    getting older by today's standards. FF opens slower relative to T-Bird
    v 2.0.0.0.23. Only 2 extensions in use, Colorful Tabs v3.9.7 and AdBlock
    Plus v1.1.1

    I have FF version 3.0.14 -- cache and temp files cleaned out. Virus-
    and worm-free. Cleaned up with Adaware.

    Win XP Home SP3
    AMD Athlon 3400+
    2.4GH
    3GB RAM

    ===============

    Justin wrote:
    > s spector wrote on [Fri, 04 Dec 2009 18:22:18 -0800]:
    >
    >> Why does Firefox take so long to start up? It seems like nothing is
    >> happening so I click on the logo again and eventually I have two ff
    >> browsers open simultaneously.
    >>

    >
    >
    Herb, Dec 5, 2009
    #4
  5. Herb wrote:
    > I have similar problem but think it's more 'puter-related as it's
    > getting older by today's standards. FF opens slower relative to T-Bird
    > v 2.0.0.0.23. Only 2 extensions in use, Colorful Tabs v3.9.7 and AdBlock
    > Plus v1.1.1
    >
    > I have FF version 3.0.14 -- cache and temp files cleaned out. Virus-
    > and worm-free. Cleaned up with Adaware.
    >
    > Win XP Home SP3
    > AMD Athlon 3400+
    > 2.4GH
    > 3GB RAM


    empty your cache, delete your cookies, and delete your
    windows temp folder.

    If that doesn't work, then try creating a test profile
    and see if FF opens faster there:

    close FF and make sure its closed by looking in the
    windows task manager [ctrl+alt+del]. If you see FF
    running, end it.

    Now, click on the windows start button, then run, and
    enter:

    firefox.exe -p

    this will start the FF profile manager. Click on the
    Manage Profile button, then create another profile from
    there. Once created, start FF in that profile. Does
    it start any better?

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!!

    Warning: Private emails sent to me may become public

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/mp3/p-potamus.mp3
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 5, 2009
    #5
  6. s spector

    lexlibris1299

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    I have a similar problem before. The firefox v.3.0 is slow to start. But I just figure out that some of my add-ons are not working properly so I what I did is install the new firefox version and found new versions of add-ons and uninstall the old ones.
    lexlibris1299, Dec 14, 2009
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Expert lino fitter

    Re: slow slow slow!

    Expert lino fitter, Dec 10, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    610
    Expert lino fitter
    Dec 10, 2008
  2. Expert lino fitter

    Re: slow slow slow!

    Expert lino fitter, Dec 10, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    614
    Expert lino fitter
    Dec 12, 2008
  3. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Re: slow slow slow!

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 10, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    621
    Shel-hed
    Dec 10, 2008
  4. chuckcar

    Re: slow slow slow!

    chuckcar, Dec 10, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    503
    chuckcar
    Dec 10, 2008
  5. General Patron

    Re: slow slow slow!

    General Patron, Dec 11, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    477
    General Patron
    Dec 11, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page