    just wondering if there is any setting I can change/adjust or maybe there's
    another email program which funtions better with this system.

    thanks for your advise Andy B
    ANDY BENAGLIA, Jun 29, 2007

  2. ANDY BENAGLIA

    mikeyhsd Guest

    might be your virus program.
    norton and mcafee are known to cause problems.
    avg FREE and avast FREE are usually trouble free.

    "ANDY BENAGLIA" <> wrote in message news:%...
    I have just began to work on a win xp prof 64 bit system and everything is
    working fine except my email, in this case Microsoft Outlook Express 6,
    which is very slow on loading. Once it has loaded all functions well and was

    ANDY BENAGLIA, Jun 30, 2007
  4. ANDY BENAGLIA

    mikeyhsd Guest

    some people also report that by running calendar speeds things up.
    there was also a report of a spyware program that added items to IE restricted site list believe it was that caused slow downs.
    do not remember which program, maybe someone can step in and post it.

    mikeyhsd, Jul 1, 2007
  5. Thanks Mike,
    seems I've resolved the problem, ran Defrag twice and then rebooted and now opening as fast as ever.
    Enjoying 64 Bit system and find it superior to 32 bit on the graphics part of my work.
    Thanks again
    Andy B

    ANDY BENAGLIA, Jul 1, 2007