    I've never owned DVD burner before, only CD-RW drives including several
    Lite-On CD burners. Is this normal behavior for burning DVDs? If not, what
    should I check?
    Hackworth, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Hackworth

    dadiOH Guest

    Hackworth wrote:
    > I just installed a Lite-On SOHW-1633S 16x (dual layer) DVD+/-RW
    > drive. I did a test burn of 980 MB of data (a backup of my most
    > important personal files) onto a 8x DVD+R disc. From start to
    > finish (including the initial caching), the process took over 6
    > minutes, which seems pretty slow to me.

    Seems fine to me.
    _______________________

    > I've never owned DVD burner before, only CD-RW drives including
    > several Lite-On CD burners. Is this normal behavior for burning
    > DVDs? If not, what should I check?

    Not much, what do you expect at a *MAX* 16X? Be glad you weren't using -R discs. You might check in Device Manager to see if DMA is enabled.

    You're really going to be bummed the first time you fill up an entire dual layer disc.

    --
    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...
    dadiOH, Nov 2, 2004