    Michael Guest

    Anyone know how to make the modem dial a number slower? My modem is dialing
    so fast that it can't complete a call.

    Michael, Jun 14, 2005

  2. Michael wrote:
    > Anyone know how to make the modem dial a number slower? My modem is dialing
    > so fast that it can't complete a call.

    How do you know that?

    Put a comma after every digit, it'll dial slower.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 14, 2005

  3. Michael wrote:

    > Anyone know how to make the modem dial a number slower? My modem is
    > dialing so fast that it can't complete a call.

    Find the file that contains the ATDT dialing string, and insert a comma
    between each of the digits of the phone number. I don't know what that
    file would be with Windows. Worse, I don't know if Windows keeps that
    in a text file or not, since MS doesn't trust you with your own
    computer. But if you can find it, try that -- each comma adds a pause.

    (Or try the commas where you enter the number in some GUI dialog box
    (DUN or something); I don't remember if they work the same way there,
    but it's worth a shot.)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 14, 2005
  4. Michael

    Phantom Guest

    Used to be: insert a letter "p" anywhere you want to slow down. If still to
    fast, insert multiple letter "p". I.e. 757 = 7p5p7 or " 7pp5pp7.

    Phantom, Jun 14, 2005
  5. Michael

    Unk Guest

    http:/www.modemhelp.net/

    Unk, Jun 14, 2005
  6. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Michael wrote:
    >

    >>Anyone know how to make the modem dial a number slower? My modem is
    >>dialing so fast that it can't complete a call.

    > Find the file that contains the ATDT dialing string, and insert a comma
    > between each of the digits of the phone number. I don't know what that
    > file would be with Windows. Worse, I don't know if Windows keeps that
    > in a text file or not, since MS doesn't trust you with your own
    > computer. But if you can find it, try that -- each comma adds a pause.
    >
    > (Or try the commas where you enter the number in some GUI dialog box
    > (DUN or something); I don't remember if they work the same way there,
    > but it's worth a shot.)

    Do you feel some compulsion to help Windows users, even though as a
    Linux user you don't really know at all? Please note smiley: :p

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 14, 2005
  7. Rôgêr wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Michael wrote:

    >>>Anyone know how to make the modem dial a number slower? My modem is
    >>>dialing so fast that it can't complete a call.

    >> Find the file that contains the ATDT dialing string, and insert a comma
    >> between each of the digits of the phone number. I don't know what that
    >> file would be with Windows. Worse, I don't know if Windows keeps that
    >> in a text file or not, since MS doesn't trust you with your own
    >> computer. But if you can find it, try that -- each comma adds a pause.

    >> (Or try the commas where you enter the number in some GUI dialog box
    >> (DUN or something); I don't remember if they work the same way there,
    >> but it's worth a shot.)

    > Do you feel some compulsion to help Windows users, even though as a

    No, there's no compulsion. It doesn't require a compulsion.

    > Linux user you don't really know at all? Please note smiley: :p

    Were my two suggestions, there, inaccurate? Right. I didn't think so.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 14, 2005
  8. Michael

    WormWood Guest

    "Michael" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone know how to make the modem dial a number slower? My modem is
    > dialing so fast that it can't complete a call.

    Switch to rotary dial :))

    WormWood, Jun 14, 2005
  9. Put commas after each number; a comma is a pause command.

    Unlimited newsgroup access as low as $2.95
    http://www.newsgroups-download.com/

    John Spieo \(MSCE\), Jun 14, 2005