Slow copying of files from CDR ...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ronnie Davis, Nov 30, 2004.

  1. Ronnie Davis

    Ronnie Davis Guest

    Hi,

    Used Nero 6 and compiled a data CD at home on a Plextor 16/10/40 cd
    writer. Data mode used was Mode 2/XA. Data was burned successfully with
    buffer uderrun being avoided 184 times!

    CD then used at work in a different machine to copy all files to hard
    drive and it took about 30 minutes to copy the files!

    Does anyone have any ideas why it should take so long to copy these
    files (458MB total)?

    What is the difference between Mode 2/XA and Mode 1 data modes and when
    would I use them? Have I used the wrong mode for this data CD?

    TIA.

    --
    Ronnie.

    Ronnie Davis, Nov 30, 2004