    Any ideas as to what could be wrong ?
    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike, Oct 5, 2006

  2. Mike

    Malke Guest

    Mike wrote:

    > My laptop has a wireless connection to the Internet through a Netgear
    > router (home network is composed of another laptop and a wired PC).
    > Most of the time ( 90% ) all Web pages open fast and the data stream
    > is good. Sometimes though I get the following error message (no
    > spelling mistakes, address retrieved through my "Favorites"), that
    > lasts for 5-10 minutes, and nothing can be downloaded before all goes
    > back to normal.
    >
    > "Address Not Found Error
    > www.quickbrowsersearch.com could not be found. Please check the name
    > and try again. The address (URL) is not a valid format and cannot be
    > read. A typical address will start with "http://", followed by an
    > address, (e.g. www.netscape.com), followed by a path to the content
    > (or just "/"). A common cause for the problem is using backslashes(\)
    > instead of forward slashes (/)."

    The "quickbrowsersearch" is malware. Clean up your computer by going
    through these malware removal steps systematically:

    If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
    this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a professional
    computer repair shop (not your local version of BigStoreUSA).

    Since you have more than one computer on the local area network, it
    would be wise to scan the other machine also.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com