    added a router, but I wouldn't think that would slow down non-internet
    applications.

    Any thoughts out there?
    RS, Oct 1, 2004

  2. RS

    Trent© Guest

    On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:38:15 -0500, "RS" <>
    wrote:

    >I recently re-formatted ny hard drive and installed XP. Everthing went well
    >and the comuter has been working fine. In the last 2-3 days it has really
    >slowed down - when I click icons to open, IE as an example, it takes about
    >15 seconds to open. Once it does the application works fine. I also recently
    >added a router, but I wouldn't think that would slow down non-internet
    >applications.
    >
    >Any thoughts out there?

    Done a defrag?

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Oct 1, 2004

  3. RS

    Volund Guest

    RS wrote:
    > I recently re-formatted ny hard drive and installed XP. Everthing went well
    > and the comuter has been working fine. In the last 2-3 days it has really
    > slowed down - when I click icons to open, IE as an example, it takes about
    > 15 seconds to open. Once it does the application works fine. I also recently
    > added a router, but I wouldn't think that would slow down non-internet
    > applications.
    >
    > Any thoughts out there?

    Have you got enough memory? is the cpu fast enough? etc
    Volund, Oct 1, 2004
  4. RS

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "RS" <> wrote in message
    >I recently re-formatted ny hard drive and installed XP. Everthing went well
    > and the comuter has been working fine. In the last 2-3 days it has really
    > slowed down - when I click icons to open, IE as an example, it takes about
    > 15 seconds to open. Once it does the application works fine. I also
    > recently
    > added a router, but I wouldn't think that would slow down non-internet
    > applications.
    >
    > Any thoughts out there?

    Possible Spyware infestation(check into Spybot S & D 1.3, CW Shredder, and
    Ad Aware SE) or a overheated CPU.

    Mark Mandell, Oct 1, 2004
  5. RS

    Volund Guest

    "RS" <> wrote in message
    > I recently re-formatted ny hard drive and installed XP. Everthing went

    well
    > and the comuter has been working fine. In the last 2-3 days it has really
    > slowed down - when I click icons to open, IE as an example, it takes about
    > 15 seconds to open. Once it does the application works fine. I also

    recently
    > added a router, but I wouldn't think that would slow down non-internet
    > applications.
    >
    > Any thoughts out there?

    Have you got enough memory, fast enough CPU etc
    Volund, Oct 2, 2004