    a.. Web sites are slow to open
    b.. E-mail is extremely slow to load
    c.. Something is wrong; I can't justify the monthly payment for this slow/sluggish service
    jekottke, Mar 28, 2006

  2. jekottke

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:D72Wf.645990$084.2509@attbi_s22,
    jekottke spewed forth:
    > Hi
    >
    > a.. Web sites are slow to open
    > b.. E-mail is extremely slow to load
    > c.. Something is wrong; I can't justify the monthly payment for
    > this slow/sluggish service

    No HTML. HTML bad.

    Bad HTML - no cookie.

    Bad, Bad HTML.

    And this isn't Insightbb.com, bonkerbrains.

    --
    My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she was
    God and I didn't.
    Toolman Tim, Mar 28, 2006

  3. jekottke

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-03-28, jekottke <> wrote:

    Even in the linux newsgroups...

    [snippo crappo]

    > Hi
    >
    > a.. Web sites are slow to open

    It's no wonder...

    > b.. E-mail is extremely slow to load

    See [snippo crappo] above.

    > c.. Something is wrong; I can't justify the monthly payment for this =
    > slow/sluggish service

    I like this... You could send me the money...service? (OK, don't send me the
    money.)

    > ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C651E6.01F1CE70

    [snip of the repeat and I might have over snipped above, but who knows?]

    --
    no wonder USENET is dying...
    ...._NextPart_....
    Jimchip, Mar 28, 2006
  4. jekottke

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-03-28, Jimchip <> wrote:
    > On 2006-03-28, jekottke <> wrote:
    >> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    > Even in the linux newsgroups...
    >
    > [snippo crappo]
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> a.. Web sites are slow to open

    > It's no wonder...
    >
    >> b.. E-mail is extremely slow to load

    > See [snippo crappo] above.
    >
    >> c.. Something is wrong; I can't justify the monthly payment for this =
    >> slow/sluggish service

    > I like this... You could send me the money...service? (OK, don't send me the
    > money.)
    >

    >> ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C651E6.01F1CE70

    > [snip of the repeat and I might have over snipped above, but who knows?]

    Have you tried the "poor man's MIME" macro from
    <http://www.geocities.com/tsca.geo/slang.html>? It can't mend the absence
    of proper line-wrap, but it does make the message relatively legible.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Mar 28, 2006
  5. jekottke

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-03-28, Whiskers <> wrote:
    > On 2006-03-28, Jimchip <> wrote:
    >> On 2006-03-28, jekottke <> wrote:
    >>> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    [snippo even of some of my own ..]

    >>> ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C651E6.01F1CE70

    >> [snip of the repeat and I might have over snipped above, but who knows?]

    > Have you tried the "poor man's MIME" macro from
    ><http://www.geocities.com/tsca.geo/slang.html>? It can't mend the absence
    > of proper line-wrap, but it does make the message relatively legible.

    No, I haven't. I'll go look at it but I'm sure I won't bother with it for
    USENET. Probably, though, it (or something like it) would be good for mutt.

    I did finally get a nano switch into my .slrnrc file that (I hope) is
    justifying somewhere near where I want it.

    --
    as soon as I get 'mouse' and 'colors' working the way I want in nano I might
    just be done with that 'config' stuff.
    Jimchip, Mar 28, 2006
  6. jekottke

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-03-28, Jimchip <> wrote:
    > On 2006-03-28, Whiskers <> wrote:

    snip <G>

    >> Have you tried the "poor man's MIME" macro from
    >><http://www.geocities.com/tsca.geo/slang.html>? It can't mend the absence
    >> of proper line-wrap, but it does make the message relatively legible.

    > No, I haven't. I'll go look at it but I'm sure I won't bother with it for
    > USENET. Probably, though, it (or something like it) would be good for mutt.
    >
    > I did finally get a nano switch into my .slrnrc file that (I hope) is
    > justifying somewhere near where I want it.

    Your line-wrap looks fine to me; I was referring to the absence of
    line-wrap in those pesky OE 'multipart - MIME' messages.

    I don't use the Mutt, but there are various macros etc for it 'out there'.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Mar 28, 2006
  7. jekottke

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-03-28, Whiskers <> wrote:
    > On 2006-03-28, Jimchip <> wrote:
    >> On 2006-03-28, Whiskers <> wrote:

    > snip <G>
    >
    >>> Have you tried the "poor man's MIME" macro from
    >>><http://www.geocities.com/tsca.geo/slang.html>? It can't mend the absence
    >>> of proper line-wrap, but it does make the message relatively legible.

    >> No, I haven't. I'll go look at it but I'm sure I won't bother with it for
    >> USENET. Probably, though, it (or something like it) would be good for mutt.
    >>
    >> I did finally get a nano switch into my .slrnrc file that (I hope) is
    >> justifying somewhere near where I want it.

    > Your line-wrap looks fine to me; I was referring to the absence of
    > line-wrap in those pesky OE 'multipart - MIME' messages.

    Yes, well I just don't want to bother with MIME, in general, for USENET.
    But, you did get me thinking that I might want to spend a little more time
    with some macros that work 'out of the box' for other functions.

    > I don't use the Mutt, but there are various macros etc for it 'out there'.

    Mutt does all of the MIME stuff, I was thinking "just some more macros", in
    general. S-lang 2.0 is out and I'm lazy and I think a new slrn won't be
    available to me for awhile...

    --
    still working on the "slrn editor/nano mouse problem".
    (trial and error with 'old' pico settings).
    Jimchip, Mar 28, 2006