    but nothing has changed. My connection has been like this for nearly
    over 6 months and i think they problem is on your half.

    thankyou
    Trisha Sheerin, Mar 25, 2008

  2. Trisha Sheerin

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:56:25 +0000, Trisha Sheerin wrote:

    > hello. Im having problems with my internet speed. im paying for a 4mb
    > broadband package and the highest my download speed is doing is 40kbs.
    > which is worse than dialup. Ive phoned your technical line a number of
    > times and they've asked me to check my wires and settings on my
    > computer but nothing has changed. My connection has been like this for
    > nearly over 6 months and i think they problem is on your half.
    >
    > thankyou

    **** off and stop bothering us. Don't you think we have enough to do
    collecting your money every month?

    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com
    Aardvark, Mar 25, 2008

  3. "Trisha Sheerin" <> wrote in

    > hello. Im having problems with my internet speed. im paying
    > for a 4mb broadband package and the highest my download
    > speed is doing is 40kbs. which is worse than dialup. Ive
    > phoned your technical line a number of times and they've asked
    > me to check my wires and settings on my computer but nothing
    > has changed. My connection has been like this for nearly
    > over 6 months and i think they problem is on your half.
    >
    > thankyou

    That's why they call it "broad"-band, it's dumber than
    a sponge, slower than a mudslide, thicker than syrup,
    and wants more money every time you mount up, and then
    whines about how lucky you are to even be there...

    .... and I think "****"-band was already taken.

    Best of luck with your ISP tech-support-hose.

    --

    My name is Bucky Breeder and I approve this message!

    ANNOY A LIBERAL :

    Work hard. Succeed! Be happy!!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTV8Cl-8JMQ&NR=1

    http://www.jonregen.com/audio/WORDS_MUSIC_2003-I_Will_Be_H.m3u
    Bucky Breeder, Mar 25, 2008
  4. Trisha Sheerin

    chuckie® Guest

    "Trisha Sheerin" <> wrote in message
    > hello. Im having problems with my internet speed. im paying for a 4mb
    > broadband package and the highest my download speed is doing is 40kbs.
    > which is worse than dialup. Ive phoned your technical line a number of
    > times and they've asked me to check my wires and settings on my computer
    > but nothing has changed. My connection has been like this for nearly
    > over 6 months and i think they problem is on your half.
    >
    > thankyou

    No way! I think you need a bigger diameter cable! Much like a water hose,
    larger is better?
    chuckie®, Mar 25, 2008
  5. Trisha Sheerin

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-03-25, Trisha Sheerin <> wrote:
    > hello. Im having problems with my internet speed. im paying for a 4mb
    > broadband package and the highest my download speed is doing is 40kbs.
    > which is worse than dialup.

    You have my sympathy, but all I can suggest is that you try a different
    ISP. I know that would probably mean changing from Virgin Cable to ADSL
    which might mean getting your real phone line reinstated and then your TV
    service would start to look less of a bargain so Freeview or Satallite
    might be a better option ... but I don't work for Virgin so I can say that
    sort of thing <Grin>

    Check the reviews at <http://www.ispreview.co.uk/>; Virgin Media is not
    highly rated. Likewise <http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps.html>.

    > Ive phoned your technical line a number of
    > times and they've asked me to check my wires and settings on my computer
    > but nothing has changed.

    That's interesting, I didn't even know I had a technical line, let alone a
    'they' that could be heard by other people. I try to ignore my voices,
    and I suggest you do too!

    > My connection has been like this for nearly
    > over 6 months and i think they problem is on your half.
    >
    > thankyou

    My half what?

    Seriously, I think you've mistaken this international public newsgroup for
    something to do with your ISP - it isn't.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Mar 25, 2008
  6. Trisha Sheerin

    Guest

    "Trisha Sheerin" <> wrote:

    >hello. Im having problems with my internet speed. im paying for a 4mb
    > broadband package and the highest my download speed is doing is 40kbs.
    > which is worse than dialup. Ive phoned your technical line a number of
    > times and they've asked me to check my wires and settings on my computer
    > but nothing has changed. My connection has been like this for nearly
    > over 6 months and i think they problem is on your half.

    Turn off your modem, let it reset itself and turn it back on.

    (I do this many times a day, most often during COD4 game play.)
    --

    Shoot an apple or not...
    http://www.officegamespot.com/officegames/appleshooter.htm
  7. Trisha Sheerin

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Trisha Sheerin wrote:
    > hello. Im having problems with my internet speed. im paying for a 4mb
    > broadband package and the highest my download speed is doing is 40kbs.
    > which is worse than dialup. Ive phoned your technical line a number of
    > times and they've asked me to check my wires and settings on my computer
    > but nothing has changed. My connection has been like this for nearly
    > over 6 months and i think they problem is on your half.
    >
    > thankyou

    You and your ISP are the perfect partnership and deserve each other.

    This is a public newsgroup, your ISP support is over there ---->
    Desk Rabbit, Mar 26, 2008
  8. Trisha Sheerin

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:56:25 -0000, Trisha Sheerin wrote:

    The newsgroup you posted in isn't your ISPs support, it's over this way
    ------>

    >hello. Im having problems with my internet speed. im paying for a 4mb
    > broadband package and the highest my download speed is doing is 40kbs.

    Make sure you are using the correct units or even the right measurement
    your package is 4Mbps (not 4mb) and it's really 40kbps?

    > which is worse than dialup. Ive phoned your technical line a number of
    > times and they've asked me to check my wires and settings on my computer

    Ex ntl?

    > but nothing has changed. My connection has been like this for nearly
    > over 6 months and i think they problem is on your half.
    >
    >thankyou

    Me
    why?, Mar 26, 2008