    will open to be a window.

    Anyone any idea what's going on?

    Rob Graham

    Rob Graham, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Rob Graham

    HF Guest

    Try a download manager like Download Accelerator plus.Supports resume and
    picks the fastest download site if there are mirrors
    Full info and a free download here.

    http://download.com.com/3000-2071-10248332.html?tag=list&part=speedbit

    "Rob Graham" <> wrote in message
    > I'm using W98SE and IE6 and a dial-up connection. In the last few weeks

    I've
    > noticed a fall-off in performance regarding downloads. They tend to be
    > slower, often a graphic image hangs halfway through a download or comes up
    > with a little red cross indicating that it doesn't exist.
    >
    > Often a popup appears, but simply as a button on the task bar, not one

    that

    HF, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Rob Graham

    Chet Guest

    It sounds as if you don't have enough available RAM to do the job smoothly.
    If you have a bunch of tasks showing in the System Tray, kill all but your
    A/V and try again.

    Chet, Dec 19, 2003
  4. Rob Graham

    Rob Graham Guest

    Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm not meaning downloads of video
    clips and the like but downloads of a photo, for example. I just get half
    the photo or a red cross instead. Are your comments still valid for this?

    Rob

    Rob Graham, Dec 19, 2003
  5. Rob Graham

    Trent© Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:18:14 -0000, "Rob Graham"
    <> wrote:

    >Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm not meaning downloads of video
    >clips and the like but downloads of a photo, for example. I just get half
    >the photo or a red cross instead. Are your comments still valid for this?
    >
    >Rob

    Maybe you have a filtering program running that's blocking some of the
    images.

    Also, the problem could be on the other end...not your problem at all.
    Does this always happen at the same site?

    Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season...

    Trent

    Trent©, Dec 19, 2003
  6. Rob Graham

    Rob Graham Guest

    > Also, the problem could be on the other end...not your problem at all.
    > Does this always happen at the same site?

    No, it can vary.

    Rob

    Rob Graham, Dec 19, 2003
  7. Rob Graham

    Trent© Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:59:09 -0000, "Rob Graham"
    <> wrote:

    >> Also, the problem could be on the other end...not your problem at all.
    >> Does this always happen at the same site?

    >No, it can vary.
    >
    >Rob

    See if you can right click on the image, Rob...and get its properties.
    Then see if you are filtering that link.

    Also, check your IE security settings. Maybe you have them set too
    high.

    Trent©, Dec 20, 2003