    clicking files 139 times, I'm in!

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    Carmen

    Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell, May 19, 2008

  2. Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell

    Guest

    On 19 May, 17:41, "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <> wrote:
    > Hi everyone!
    >
    > Is it possible to create a slipstream CD of anything other than an operating
    > system? I've looked online but the only stuff you find is for OSs.
    >
    > The reason I ask is because I'm having to reload a program which consists
    > of, get this, *139* small executables.
    >
    > Needless to say, if there's a way for me not to have to sit at my desk
    > clicking files 139 times, I'm in!
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help!
    >
    > Carmen

    the software manufacturer might have a website and good support email,
    and maybe a forum, and would have some ideas.. Maybe they already have
    a version that incorporates all the 139 patches.

    If it is just a matter of running the executable, then you could make
    a bat file with a list of all the executables in it.
    suppose all your executables are in that directory. c:\patches
    Do
    c:\patches>dir /b >list.bat

    So now you have a file called "list.bat" with all your executables.

    A bat file can be executed. So then do
    c:\>patches>list

    And it will run list.bat

    Now.. If more clicking is required like for specific executables, like
    clicking Next.. You could use something like AutoIt maybe.

    , May 19, 2008

  3. Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell

    Guest

    On 19 May, 18:59, ""
    <> wrote:
    > On 19 May, 17:41, "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi everyone!

    > > Is it possible to create a slipstream CD of anything other than an operating
    > > system? I've looked online but the only stuff you find is for OSs.

    > > The reason I ask is because I'm having to reload a program which consists
    > > of, get this, *139* small executables.

    > > Needless to say, if there's a way for me not to have to sit at my desk
    > > clicking files 139 times, I'm in!

    > > Thanks in advance for your help!

    > > Carmen

    > the software manufacturer might have a website and good support email,
    > and maybe a forum, and would have some ideas.. Maybe they already have
    > a version that incorporates all the 139 patches.
    >
    > If it is just a matter of running the executable, then you could make
    > a bat file with a list of all the executables in it.
    > suppose all your executables are in that directory. c:\patches
    > Do
    > c:\patches>dir /b >list.bat
    >
    > So now you have a file called "list.bat" with all your executables.
    >
    > A bat file can be executed.  So then do
    > c:\>patches>list
    >
    > And it will run list.bat
    >
    > Now.. If more clicking is required like for specific executables, like
    > clicking Next..  You could use something like AutoIt maybe.

    (and I wouldn't call that slipstreaming!)

    , May 19, 2008
  4. Thanks James! This is very helpful!

    C.

    <> wrote in message