    hi can anyone tell what slipstreaming is
    thanks
    sean

    sean, Oct 2, 2003

  2. sean

    oddduck Guest

    Slipstreaming is when you take the source files for an installation
    (like office or windows, etc) and apply the service pack to them before
    you install it on a client computer. Typically it's done in situations
    where you are planning to install say, windows 2000 with service pack 4
    on multiple computers and your corperations windows 2000 source files
    have no service pack at all. It removed the step, where after the
    installation you would need to run the service pack, and integrates the
    service pack into the installation. Basically it gives network admin's
    one less thing to do and reduces administrative overhead.

    ---
    Sign up to get free daily practice questions at: http://www.QoD.US/i-54.htm
    View this thread: http://www.examnotes.net/article1023973.html
    oddduck------------------------------------------------------------------------
    oddduck's Profile: http://www.examnotes.net/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=101552

    oddduck, Oct 2, 2003

  3. "sean" <> wrote in message
    > hi can anyone tell what slipstreaming is
    > thanks
    > sean

    <Paul Simon>

    Slipstreaming away.
    Slipstreaming away.
    You know the nearer your destination IP,
    the more you're slipstreaming away.

    </Paul Simon>

    --
    Fris "And I know a man. He came from my hometown." bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Oct 2, 2003
  4. sean

    lazyadmin Guest

    www.bink.nu

    Full how-to, including how to make a bootable CD with your new slipstreamed
    files.

    Rod

    lazyadmin, Oct 2, 2003
  5. sean

    Paul Fisher Guest

    Here's a url that you can go to which will provide a
    visual explanation of slipstreaming: http://www.windows-
    help.net/WindowsXP/winxp-sp1-bootcd.html

    Paul Fisher, Oct 2, 2003