Slipstreaming XPx64 + SP2

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Kevin E., Feb 16, 2010.

  1. Kevin E.

    Kevin E. Guest

    Kevin E., Feb 16, 2010

  2. Yes, I slipstreamed SP2 in XP x64 SP1 using nLite without any problem
    about 2 years ago. You may have a corrupted SP2 file.

    Bobby Johnson, Feb 16, 2010

  3. Kevin E.

    Kevin E. Guest

    Iv downloaded the SP2 package on both my desktop and laptop computer, both
    files have given the same error.

    This is a OEM cd im using though, not retail boxed. Could that be the
    problem ?

    Kevin E., Feb 16, 2010
  4. The copies I have are both OEM and I had no problem slipstreaming SP2
    into it.

    Have you tried just slipstreaming and then burning a bootable disc?

    Bobby Johnson, Feb 16, 2010
  5. Kevin E.

    Kevin E. Guest

    I cant seem to integrate the SP2 with SP1. I keep getting this error. It wont
    complete the copy of files to the i386 folder.

    I guess i could contact Microsoft directly about this, and speak with a
    professional but they wont provide support unless you pay them.

    "Bobby Johnson" wrote:
    > The copies I have are both OEM and I had no problem slipstreaming SP2
    > into it.
    >
    > Have you tried just slipstreaming and then burning a bootable disc?

    ..
    Kevin E., Feb 16, 2010
  6. Are you doing this on an XP x64 system? If I remember correctly I tried
    doing it on a 32-bit XP and it wouldn't complete, so I tehn did it on an
    XP x64 system and it worked.

    How are you trying to integrate the SP2?

    Bobby Johnson, Feb 16, 2010
  7. Are you trying to slipstream in a 32-bit environment?

    If so, see
    http://neosmart.net/blog/2007/windows-xp-x64-service-pack-2-released/.
    There is a workround described by FelipeGeek on June 9th 2007.

    Dominic Payer, Feb 16, 2010
  8. Kevin E.

    Kevin E. Guest

    Kevin E., Feb 16, 2010
  9. Kevin E.

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 16/02/2010 in message
    <> Kevin E. wrote:

    >The workaround didnt work. Unless someelse has any other suggestions, i
    >guess
    >ill have to contact Microsoft.

    Have you tried AutoStreamer?
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Autostreamer.shtml

    Guide:
    http://www.simplyguides.net/guides/using_autostreamer/using_autostreamer.shtml

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    That's an amazing invention but who would ever want to use one of them?
    Jeff Gaines, Feb 17, 2010
  10. Kevin E.

    Kevin E. Guest

    The program cannot detect the version of windows im trying to slipstream to ?
    http://lookpic.com/i/538/cPpqVHaZ.jpeg

    Kevin E., Feb 17, 2010
  11. Kevin E.

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 17/02/2010 in message
    <> Kevin E. wrote:

    >The program cannot detect the version of windows im trying to slipstream
    >to ?
    >http://lookpic.com/i/538/cPpqVHaZ.jpeg

    I pointed it to the root directory of where I had copied the XP CD to
    rather than to the I386 directory, try pointing it to C:\XPCD.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.
    Jeff Gaines, Feb 17, 2010
  12. Kevin E.

    Kevin E. Guest

    That didnt work ether. Im begining think this version of windows is just not
    compatible with this slipstreaming stuff. Iv looked allover the net. Iv
    havent seen anything like this.

    When i purchased this cd it was labeled SP2B, but after i installed it i
    only had SP1 on the system. I had to update the rest.

    Kevin E., Feb 18, 2010
  13. "Kevin E." <> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to integrate SP2 into a SP1 setup. I get this error
    > [http://lookpic.com/i/17/NvMj0yvW.jpeg]

    That server was unavailable when I tried to see whatever it is that you were
    trying to show us. Could you summarize it in words?

    <cmd_output OS="W7">
    Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: lookpic.com
    Address: 91.121.212.45

    C:\>telnet lookpic.com 80
    Connecting To lookpic.com...Could not open connection to the host, on port
    80: Connect failed
    </cmd_output>

    > The same thing happens with nLite. Has anyone successfully done this ?

    I don't know the answer to your question but I wondered why you were
    stopping at XPsp2. Then I found that instead of there being an SP3 for XP
    X64 somehow W2003sp2 can be used. Perhaps you should be trying to
    slipstream with it instead? ; )

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/windowsserver/bb294403.aspx

    (Microsoft search for
    xp sp3 x64 2003 sp2
    )

    <quote>
    1 Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 can also update x64 versions of Windows
    XP Professional.
    </quote>

    Actually I don't think it's clear from the migration chart there that this
    gets you anything more than XPsp2 X64. I guess you would have to use the
    MBSA XML descriptions of both updates to figure out which is more current.

    Good luck

    Robert Aldwinckle
    ---
    Robert Aldwinckle, Feb 19, 2010