    How can I tell if indeed I have successfully made a WinXP 64 with sp2 cd?? I
    can boot from it,but how can I tell if it has sp2 without actually loading
    it?

    Kue2, Mar 15, 2007

  2. Kue2:
    Please share with us the step by step method you have used for successfully
    building your disc and maybe someone of the knowledgeable guys that hang
    around this NG will come up with an answer.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Mar 15, 2007

  3. The Installation IS the acid test, I believe. Until then you can only pray -
    I used nLite on one occasion, I don't think it would complete the job
    without complaints if you ordered it to do something without supplying the
    means in the end.

    But you are right, how can you trust it as a back-up? You can of course
    install it as a dual-boot and see if it behaves, and gallantly remove it
    again if it does. . .

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 15, 2007
  4. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    I used this link :
    http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp
    just followed the directions.

    Kue2, Mar 15, 2007
  5. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    I noticed that some files on the slipstreamed disk are dated 18/2/2007
    therefore I must have succeeded {:-}

    Kue2, Mar 15, 2007
  6. I followed Tack Techs guide with success.
    Used Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6.0 to burn.

    But you have to replace I386 with AMD64.

    http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=295

    --
    Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
    Core 2 Extreme X6800

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Mar 15, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?R3JhaGFtUw==?=, Mar 15, 2007
  8. Carlos:

    I used nlite to slipstream sp2 into xpp x64 and did a fresh install and all
    appears okay except when I sync my time with time.windows.com it goes back 1
    hour, which leads me to believe that the sp2 doesn't include the DST update
    and it doesn't appear on the windows update site. Any thoughts?

    Thanks
    --
    Steve
    (x64man)

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=, Mar 15, 2007
  9. Steve:
    I am not using DST in Argentina, so I don't have a clue.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Mar 15, 2007
  10. Kue2

    Theo Guest

    You can find the Time Zone update files at:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931836/

    Theo, Mar 16, 2007
  11. Thanks Theo, all is good now.
    --