    Clayton Guest

    Is it possible to slipstream SP-1 into my DELL OEM Visa 64-Bit DVD?
    I know it is possible to slipstream the hotfixes/updates
    Clayton, Mar 12, 2008

  2. Clayton

    Theo Guest

    No, it's not possible. Vista uses an imaging scheme instead
    of all the installation files as XP did. You will need a
    new DVD with SP1 incorporated in the image if you want one
    that way.

    Theo, Mar 12, 2008

  3. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    Thanks Theo

    Clayton, Mar 12, 2008
  4. I assume that you have looked at vLite (from the folks who do nLite).
    Apparently it is possible.

    However,

    If I correctly remember an answer from MS in an SP1 beta ng a couple of
    months ago, the answer would be no. MS promises that capability for the
    next service pack. I think the problem mentioned was that the servicing
    stack needs to be updated to a new version, which is something SP1 itself
    does. That is all I can remember from those threads.

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 12, 2008
  5. Clayton

    Theo Guest

    Even vLite states you cannot 'slipstream' the Service Pack:

    Service Pack compatibility (updated)
    2008.01.30 by nuhi
    It came to my attention that some of you expected to install
    Service Pack on the lite Vista, without some components.
    Unfortunatelly that is not possible, nor it was ever
    expected to be because Service Pack is meant to update the
    whole installation, if it detects that something is missing
    it aborts.

    So the only way to use vLite on SP1 is to use it on the
    preintegrated version, meaning you can configure the Vista
    DVD or ISO which already has SP1 in it. Until Microsoft
    releases one you can try making your own by following this
    guide. But be careful, it's not official nor easy method so
    it is recommended only for the experienced users.

    Hotfixes will work fine even if all is removed, and the best
    thing is Windows Update will not list the hotfixes for the
    removed components. So please don't spread the false rumors,
    vLite is not aggressive as one might think before using it,
    not to mention that it was tested for 14 months before these
    recent publicity outbreaks.

    Theo, Mar 13, 2008