Slipstreaming (Updating) your Xp instalation disk

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Joe, Aug 17, 2004.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Anyone ever done this? I just did for the first time and this is cool. I did
    not even know you could do this. I bought Win XP the day it was released so
    my copy has no updates in it and I do a lot of reinstalls as I am constantly
    trying something new. I had thought about buying a newer version just to
    keep from having to download all the updates when I reinstall then I found
    you could do this:

    I copied my Xp disk to my hard drive
    Downloaded service pack2
    Integrated SP2 into my XP
    Burnt a bootable XPSP2 disk that I can install from

    I now have a brand new WinXP SP2 install disk and from now on when I
    reinstall I will be starting at SP2.

    I assume this is all legit to do as the ability to do it is pretty much
    built into Windows XP.

    Details: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=295

    This was actually pretty easy and did not take that long

    Joe

    Joe, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Joe

    Brad Griffis Guest