    Is there any way to slipstream Microsoft's critical
    updates like we do for service packs?
    Thanks.
    michel, Sep 29, 2003

  2. michel

    Chris Norris Guest

    >Is there any way to slipstream Microsoft's critical
    >updates like we do for service packs?

    Yeah, look for article 296861
    There's a util called qchain which means you can literally 'chain'
    hotfixes together.

    Chris Norris
    Chris Norris, Sep 29, 2003

  3. michel

    Herb Martin Guest

    All QChain does is allow you to run a "bunch of fixes" and then
    straighten out conflicts before rebooting.

    QChain itself does nothing to setup the application or slipstreaming
    of the hotfixes.

    That could be done with a batch file, "GuiRunOnce" answer file perhaps,
    or switches on Winnt32 etc. (QChain would be the last program before
    rebooting.)

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Sep 29, 2003