  1. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Is there a "how to slip-stream SP1 for Vista 64"?(url)

    Kue2, Dec 5, 2007

  2. Kue2

    Theo Guest

    Based on previous information, I don't think you can
    slipstream any version of Vista. The installation file is
    an image that is written to the hard drive and then
    "customized" for you particular system.

    I think Charlie Russel commented the only way you could
    "slipstream" Vista SP1 was to do a complete installation,
    apply SP1, and then make an image of that.

    Check the 'Vista Lite' information at:
    http://www.vlite.net/about.html

    Theo, Dec 5, 2007

  3. Well, there are ways to do it, but they're non-trivial and require
    additional products, I believe. But there should be slipstream distributions
    available once SP1 actually ships.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 5, 2007
  4. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Theo
    Have you used this program? Does it work as stated on web page?
    Looks interesting........

    Kue2, Dec 5, 2007
  5. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Charlie
    By this statement "slipstream distributions available once SP1 actually
    ships" Do you mean Vista 64 with service pak 1 would be made available(for a
    small fee) to registered users?

    Kue2, Dec 5, 2007
  6. Kue2

    CM745 Guest

    Vista SP1 RC1 now available on Connect and on Technet tomorrow according to
    RWite of Vista Team blog
    --
    Quiet Beta Tester

    CM745, Dec 5, 2007
  7. You should be able to get media, yes. And newer shipments will include the
    updated media. Also, for those with access, MSDN and TechNet media will
    undoubtedly be updated to the SP1 slipstream versions.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 5, 2007
  8. Kue2

    Clayton Guest

    If Microsoft can ship media with SP-1 integrated, I'm sure we can slipstream
    it into our original non SP-1 copy..... just thinking out loud here

    Clayton, Dec 6, 2007
  9. Hello,
    Remember it's shipped as an image so Microsoft is not slip-streamning it,
    it's either built that way or the Service Pack is installed, then the image
    is repackaged.
    There isn't a slip process
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Dec 7, 2007
  10. Kue2

    Theo Guest

    No, I have not used it. I am not a Vista user either. I
    may consider Vista someday, but only after it really is
    ready for public release.

    Theo, Dec 7, 2007
  11. Yes, me too - only, by then it will hardly be a 'Vista' anymore, just like
    NT5.0 became Windows 2000 when it had the final polish applied.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Dec 8, 2007