    a similar case for 2, that *might* just work...

    Any creative ideas welcome!

    Thanks

    Lobster, Aug 26, 2010

  2. Lobster

    Bob Eager Guest

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:55:31 +0100, Lobster wrote:

    > There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there was
    > a similar case for 2, that *might* just work...
    >
    > Any creative ideas welcome!

    HOw about getting an old piece of towelling and running up a small pounch
    out of a piece of that?

    --
    Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
    http://www.mirrorservice.org

    Bob Eager, Aug 26, 2010

  3. Lobster

    Mike Barnes Guest

    Lobster <>:
    >Just bought a new case for my digital camera, but unfortunately it
    >doesn't have the useful little zipper pouch to contain 2 spare AA
    >batteries that my old (lost) case did. There is, however, just enough
    >space within the case for the spares, but obviously without protection
    >they'd rattle around damage the camera.
    >
    >I'm trying unsuccessfully to think of something readily obtainable I
    >could stuff them both inside, to hold them firmly together - something
    >along the lines of a bit of compressible foamex or rubber tubing, say?
    >But can't come up with anything better than the unsatisfactory bit of
    >cloth the batteries are currently wrapped in.

    Cut the thumb off a rubber glove.

    --
    Mike Barnes

    Mike Barnes, Aug 26, 2010
  4. Lobster

    ARWadsworth Guest

    Bob Eager <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:55:31 +0100, Lobster wrote:
    >
    >> There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there
    >> was a similar case for 2, that *might* just work...
    >>
    >> Any creative ideas welcome!

    > HOw about getting an old piece of towelling and running up a small
    > pounch out of a piece of that?

    Paper mache would be more fun.

    --
    Adam

    ARWadsworth, Aug 26, 2010
  5. Lobster

    Tom Hise Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Any creative ideas welcome!

    Small (3" x 4") zip-lock bags work just fine for me.

    Tom Hise

    Tom Hise, Aug 26, 2010
  6. Lobster

    SMS Guest

    On 8/26/2010 9:55 AM, Lobster wrote:
    > Just bought a new case for my digital camera, but unfortunately it
    > doesn't have the useful little zipper pouch to contain 2 spare AA
    > batteries that my old (lost) case did. There is, however, just enough
    > space within the case for the spares, but obviously without protection
    > they'd rattle around damage the camera.
    >
    > I'm trying unsuccessfully to think of something readily obtainable I
    > could stuff them both inside, to hold them firmly together - something
    > along the lines of a bit of compressible foamex or rubber tubing, say?
    > But can't come up with anything better than the unsatisfactory bit of
    > cloth the batteries are currently wrapped in.
    >
    > There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there was
    > a similar case for 2, that *might* just work...
    >
    > Any creative ideas welcome!
    >
    > Thanks

    This might work:

    "http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062252"

    Cut off the leads, and keep it closed with a rubber band cut from a
    bicycle tube or something similar rather than the screw.

    SMS, Aug 26, 2010
  7. Lobster

    Bruce Guest

    Lobster <> wrote:

    >Just bought a new case for my digital camera, but unfortunately it
    >doesn't have the useful little zipper pouch to contain 2 spare AA
    >batteries that my old (lost) case did. There is, however, just enough
    >space within the case for the spares, but obviously without protection
    >they'd rattle around damage the camera.
    >
    >I'm trying unsuccessfully to think of something readily obtainable I
    >could stuff them both inside, to hold them firmly together - something
    >along the lines of a bit of compressible foamex or rubber tubing, say?
    >But can't come up with anything better than the unsatisfactory bit of
    >cloth the batteries are currently wrapped in.
    >
    >There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there was
    >a similar case for 2, that *might* just work...
    >
    >Any creative ideas welcome!

    I'm sure there must still be small cases available that will fit on
    your camera strap.

    Bruce, Aug 26, 2010
  8. Lobster

    Man at B&Q Guest

    On Aug 26, 6:38 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    > Lobster <> wrote:
    > >Just bought a new case for my digital camera, but unfortunately it
    > >doesn't have the useful little zipper pouch to contain 2 spare AA
    > >batteries that my old (lost) case did.  There is, however, just enough
    > >space within the case for the spares, but obviously without protection
    > >they'd rattle around damage the camera.

    > >I'm trying unsuccessfully to think of something readily obtainable I
    > >could stuff them both inside, to hold them firmly together - something
    > >along the lines of a bit of compressible foamex or rubber tubing, say?
    > >But can't come up with anything better than the unsatisfactory bit of
    > >cloth the batteries are currently wrapped in.

    > >There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there was
    > >a similar case for 2, that *might* just work...

    > >Any creative ideas welcome!

    > I'm sure there must still be small cases available that will fit on
    > your camera strap.

    QD Stores are selling some very good Lowe Alpine digicam cases for
    99p.

    MBQ

    Man at B&Q, Aug 26, 2010
  9. Lobster

    tony cooper Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Just bought a new case for my digital camera, but unfortunately it
    >doesn't have the useful little zipper pouch to contain 2 spare AA
    >batteries that my old (lost) case did. There is, however, just enough
    >space within the case for the spares, but obviously without protection
    >they'd rattle around damage the camera.
    >
    >I'm trying unsuccessfully to think of something readily obtainable I
    >could stuff them both inside, to hold them firmly together - something
    >along the lines of a bit of compressible foamex or rubber tubing, say?
    >But can't come up with anything better than the unsatisfactory bit of
    >cloth the batteries are currently wrapped in.
    >
    >There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there was
    >a similar case for 2, that *might* just work...
    >
    >Any creative ideas welcome!

    A block of styrofoam, cut to the right size, can be made into a
    battery holder by drilling out holes of the appropriate size. You can
    even drill out the hole by hand since you don't need the torque of an
    electric drill. Put the block in a small plastic baggie in the case
    because the block will "shed" small particles of foam over time.

    Such a block will not last over few months, but can be duplicated
    easily.

    Those green blocks of florist's foam (obtainable from a craft store)
    shed less and hold up better.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Aug 26, 2010
  10. Lobster

    Spamlet Guest

    "Lobster" <> wrote in message
    > Just bought a new case for my digital camera, but unfortunately it doesn't
    > have the useful little zipper pouch to contain 2 spare AA batteries that
    > my old (lost) case did. There is, however, just enough space within the
    > case for the spares, but obviously without protection they'd rattle around
    > damage the camera.
    >
    > I'm trying unsuccessfully to think of something readily obtainable I could
    > stuff them both inside, to hold them firmly together - something along the
    > lines of a bit of compressible foamex or rubber tubing, say? But can't
    > come up with anything better than the unsatisfactory bit of cloth the
    > batteries are currently wrapped in.
    >
    > There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there was a
    > similar case for 2, that *might* just work...
    >
    > Any creative ideas welcome!
    >
    > Thanks

    Er, what you need is a better camera case: there are zillions cheaply
    available, and very clever they can be too. As the spare batteries tend to
    be almost dead by the time you want to use them anyway, I find I need to
    carry several spares - and a charger in the car too. This means a handy
    gadget bag - in my case only 8"x6"x3" - in which I can carry wondrous
    numbers of batteries, small tools, plasters, notebooks, camera and
    binoculars. Rarely go anywhere without it.

    Spamlet, Aug 26, 2010
  11. Lobster

    Phil L Guest

    Lobster wrote:
    > Just bought a new case for my digital camera, but unfortunately it
    > doesn't have the useful little zipper pouch to contain 2 spare AA
    > batteries that my old (lost) case did. There is, however, just enough
    > space within the case for the spares, but obviously without protection
    > they'd rattle around damage the camera.
    >
    > I'm trying unsuccessfully to think of something readily obtainable I
    > could stuff them both inside, to hold them firmly together - something
    > along the lines of a bit of compressible foamex or rubber tubing, say?
    > But can't come up with anything better than the unsatisfactory bit of
    > cloth the batteries are currently wrapped in.
    >
    > There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there
    > was a similar case for 2, that *might* just work...
    >
    > Any creative ideas welcome!
    >
    > Thanks

    There's dozens of camera cases (with pouches) here* for under a fiver, and
    you'll probably need more than 2 spare batteries anyway - mine don't tend to
    last very long at all and so i always carry 2 extra sets, along with the set
    in the camera.

    here*
    http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&q=digital camera case&scoring=p

    --
    Phil L
    RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

    Phil L, Aug 26, 2010
  12. Lobster

    Phil L Guest

    Phil L, Aug 26, 2010
  13. Lobster

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 26 Aug, 17:55, Lobster <> wrote:

    > There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there was
    > a similar case for 2, that *might* just work...

    I use a very cheap plastic battery box I bought from MUTR. It has
    contacts and a switch too, but I just ignore those.

    Andy Dingley, Aug 26, 2010
  14. ARWadsworth wrote:
    > Bob Eager <> wrote:
    >> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:55:31 +0100, Lobster wrote:
    >>
    >>> There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there
    >>> was a similar case for 2, that *might* just work...
    >>>
    >>> Any creative ideas welcome!

    >> HOw about getting an old piece of towelling and running up a small
    >> pounch out of a piece of that?

    > Paper mache would be more fun.

    Empty yoghurt carton, sticky back plastic.

    --
    Dave - The Medway Handyman
    www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

    The Medway Handyman, Aug 26, 2010
  15. Spamlet wrote:
    > "Lobster" <> wrote in message
    >> Just bought a new case for my digital camera, but unfortunately it
    >> doesn't have the useful little zipper pouch to contain 2 spare AA
    >> batteries that my old (lost) case did. There is, however, just
    >> enough space within the case for the spares, but obviously without
    >> protection they'd rattle around damage the camera.
    >>
    >> I'm trying unsuccessfully to think of something readily obtainable I
    >> could stuff them both inside, to hold them firmly together -
    >> something along the lines of a bit of compressible foamex or rubber
    >> tubing, say? But can't come up with anything better than the
    >> unsatisfactory bit of cloth the batteries are currently wrapped in.
    >>
    >> There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there
    >> was a similar case for 2, that *might* just work...
    >>
    >> Any creative ideas welcome!
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Er, what you need is a better camera case: there are zillions cheaply
    > available, and very clever they can be too. As the spare batteries
    > tend to be almost dead by the time you want to use them anyway, I
    > find I need to carry several spares - and a charger in the car too. This
    > means a handy gadget bag - in my case only 8"x6"x3" - in which I
    > can carry wondrous numbers of batteries, small tools, plasters,
    > notebooks, camera and binoculars. Rarely go anywhere without it.

    A 'man bag'. I carry one as well, very useful.

    --
    Dave - The Medway Handyman
    www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

    The Medway Handyman, Aug 26, 2010
  16. Lobster

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Aug 26, 11:55 am, Lobster <> wrote:
    > Just bought a new case for my digital camera, but unfortunately it
    > doesn't have the useful little zipper pouch to contain 2 spare AA
    > batteries that my old (lost) case did.  There is, however, just enough
    > space within the case for the spares, but obviously without protection
    > they'd rattle around damage the camera.
    >
    > I'm trying unsuccessfully to think of something readily obtainable I
    > could stuff them both inside, to hold them firmly together - something
    > along the lines of a bit of compressible foamex or rubber tubing, say?
    > But can't come up with anything better than the unsatisfactory bit of
    > cloth the batteries are currently wrapped in.
    >
    > There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there was
    > a similar case for 2, that *might* just work...
    >
    > Any creative ideas welcome!
    >
    > Thanks

    Bubble wrap and duct tape.

    Nervous Nick, Aug 26, 2010
  17. Lobster

    OG Guest

    "Lobster" <> wrote in message
    > Just bought a new case for my digital camera, but unfortunately it doesn't
    > have the useful little zipper pouch to contain 2 spare AA batteries that
    > my old (lost) case did. There is, however, just enough space within the
    > case for the spares, but obviously without protection they'd rattle around
    > damage the camera.
    >
    > I'm trying unsuccessfully to think of something readily obtainable I could
    > stuff them both inside, to hold them firmly together - something along the
    > lines of a bit of compressible foamex or rubber tubing, say? But can't
    > come up with anything better than the unsatisfactory bit of cloth the
    > batteries are currently wrapped in.
    >
    > There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there was a
    > similar case for 2, that *might* just work...
    >
    > Any creative ideas welcome!

    Wrap some duct tape snugly 'sticky side out' around a pair of them, then
    another couple of layers of tape, sticky side in. Result will be a duct tape
    pouch. Some more duct tape magic will attach the pouch to the camera bag
    strap.

    Not sure I'd want to use it, but in a push I might. :)

    OG, Aug 27, 2010
  18. Lobster

    Mort Guest

    Lobster wrote:
    > Just bought a new case for my digital camera, but unfortunately it
    > doesn't have the useful little zipper pouch to contain 2 spare AA
    > batteries that my old (lost) case did. There is, however, just enough
    > space within the case for the spares, but obviously without protection
    > they'd rattle around damage the camera.
    >
    > I'm trying unsuccessfully to think of something readily obtainable I
    > could stuff them both inside, to hold them firmly together - something
    > along the lines of a bit of compressible foamex or rubber tubing, say?
    > But can't come up with anything better than the unsatisfactory bit of
    > cloth the batteries are currently wrapped in.
    >
    > There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there was
    > a similar case for 2, that *might* just work...
    >
    > Any creative ideas welcome!
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi,

    I wrap each cell individually with Saranwrap, then put both wrapped
    cells in another layer of Saran, seal it with Scotch tape, and it works.
    The "case" is small, light, translucent, and cheap.

    Try it, and you'll like it.

    Mort Linder

    Mort, Aug 27, 2010
  19. In article <10xdo.60185$Pa3.56091@hurricane>,
    Lobster <> wrote:
    > There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there was
    > a similar case for 2, that *might* just work...

    A two cell battery holder? You might need to insulate the outside and
    terminals, though.

    --
    *Certain frogs can be frozen solid, then thawed, and survive *

    Dave Plowman London SW
    To e-mail, change noise into sound.

    Dave Plowman (News), Aug 27, 2010
  20. Lobster

    Peter Guest

    "Mort" <> wrote in message
    > Lobster wrote:
    >> Just bought a new case for my digital camera, but unfortunately it
    >> doesn't have the useful little zipper pouch to contain 2 spare AA
    >> batteries that my old (lost) case did. There is, however, just enough
    >> space within the case for the spares, but obviously without protection
    >> they'd rattle around damage the camera.
    >>
    >> I'm trying unsuccessfully to think of something readily obtainable I
    >> could stuff them both inside, to hold them firmly together - something
    >> along the lines of a bit of compressible foamex or rubber tubing, say?
    >> But can't come up with anything better than the unsatisfactory bit of
    >> cloth the batteries are currently wrapped in.
    >>
    >> There are plenty of hard-ish plastic cases for 4xAA cells - if there was
    >> a similar case for 2, that *might* just work...
    >>
    >> Any creative ideas welcome!
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Hi,
    >
    > I wrap each cell individually with Saranwrap, then put both wrapped cells
    > in another layer of Saran, seal it with Scotch tape, and it works. The
    > "case" is small, light, translucent, and cheap.
    >
    > Try it, and you'll like it.

    Rubber bands will do the job.

    --
    Peter