Slingshot's website - what a disaster

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Aaron Lawrence, Jun 3, 2007.

  1. I was interested in iTalk, so I went to www.italk.co.nz,
    and it redirected me to barely-functioning parts of
    Slingshot, e.g.
    http://www.slingshot.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=
    999&tabid=21
    (mind the wrap)
    where most of the content is blank, e.g. devices to
    choose from.

    I tried going to their main site instead, and it seems
    to go to different copies of the italk pages, which work
    a bit more, but still some major breakage, e.g. devices
    to choose from now goes to
    http://www.slingshot.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=
    999&tabid=13&subnav=24
    and has some text, but all the images are broken.

    The italk forums are FULL of spam and have had few real
    positings in years.
    http://forums.italk.co.nz/viewforum.php?f=1

    Also, the navigation is somewhat broken on Firefox - the
    red background at the top is missing, and the links
    don't show a link pointer (though somehow they manage to
    work?)

    The font they've chosen for headings is one of the
    ugliest I've ever seen on a commercial website, but
    seems to be deliberate.

    iTalk may be a wonderful service but with a website like
    this I would never trust them to run a dairy, let alone
    a phone/ISP service!

    http://aaronlawrence.fastmail.fm/slingshot-page-ff2.png

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com