    number of phone calls, however their website isn't good with broken links,
    so it may be in the fine print somewhere. Anyone with Slingshot know the
    answer?

    Vista, Apr 3, 2006

  2. On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 15:06:34 +1200, someone purporting to be Vista didst
    scrawl:

    > Just wondering with Slingshots faster internet plans, where they say that
    > their prices are discounted $10 if you have their tolls with them , is their
    > a minimum number of toll calls that you have to make with them? I have
    > looked on their website, and it fails to mention anything about a minimum
    > number of phone calls, however their website isn't good with broken links,
    > so it may be in the fine print somewhere. Anyone with Slingshot know the
    > answer?

    It means that your default toll provider must be Slingshot. You don't have
    to make any toll calls through them, though.

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

    Matthew Poole, Apr 3, 2006

  3. Vista

    MarkH Guest

    Matthew Poole <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 15:06:34 +1200, someone purporting to be Vista
    > didst scrawl:
    >
    >> Just wondering with Slingshots faster internet plans, where they say
    >> that their prices are discounted $10 if you have their tolls with
    >> them , is their a minimum number of toll calls that you have to make
    >> with them? I have looked on their website, and it fails to mention
    >> anything about a minimum number of phone calls, however their website
    >> isn't good with broken links, so it may be in the fine print
    >> somewhere. Anyone with Slingshot know the answer?

    > It means that your default toll provider must be Slingshot. You don't
    > have to make any toll calls through them, though.

    You're saying that they have dropped their minimum of $10 tolls condition?

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    Maskerade

    MarkH, Apr 3, 2006
  4. On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 12:45:39 GMT, MarkH <> wrote:

    >Matthew Poole <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 15:06:34 +1200, someone purporting to be Vista
    >> didst scrawl:
    >>
    >>> Just wondering with Slingshots faster internet plans, where they say
    >>> that their prices are discounted $10 if you have their tolls with
    >>> them , is their a minimum number of toll calls that you have to make
    >>> with them? I have looked on their website, and it fails to mention
    >>> anything about a minimum number of phone calls, however their website
    >>> isn't good with broken links, so it may be in the fine print
    >>> somewhere. Anyone with Slingshot know the answer?

    >> It means that your default toll provider must be Slingshot. You don't
    >> have to make any toll calls through them, though.

    >You're saying that they have dropped their minimum of $10 tolls condition?

    That only applies if you sign up for their $10 unlimited dial up plan

    It's normally $17/month but $10 if you have their $10 tolls. If you
    don't spend $10 on tolls they round it up to $10. Essentially you're
    getting $10 of tolls for $3.

    Jason Clinton, Apr 4, 2006
  5. Vista

    MarkH Guest

    Jason Clinton <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 12:45:39 GMT, MarkH <> wrote:
    >
    >>Matthew Poole <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> It means that your default toll provider must be Slingshot. You
    >>> don't have to make any toll calls through them, though.

    >>You're saying that they have dropped their minimum of $10 tolls
    >>condition?

    > That only applies if you sign up for their $10 unlimited dial up plan

    OK then, that is pretty cool.

    So on their 3.5/512 plan where you can have 10GB for $80 as long as you put
    your direct dial tolls through them (otherwise $10 dearer) you can add
    another 50GB for $40. That is 60GB at 3.5/.5 for $120 which is $30 cheaper
    that the Orcon plan I am changing to.

    I might see how my Orcon plan goes for a couple of months and check with
    the Slingshot users on how well they are going. Then I'll consider whether
    to change ISPs and who to.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    Maskerade

    MarkH, Apr 4, 2006
  6. Vista

    Torrential Guest

    On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 12:56:59 GMT, MarkH <> wrote:

    >I might see how my Orcon plan goes for a couple of months and check with
    >the Slingshot users on how well they are going. Then I'll consider whether
    >to change ISPs and who to.

    Before your switch to Orocn, check the T/C .. its 12 months prison camp!

    Torrential, Apr 5, 2006
  7. Vista

    Richard Guest

    Torrential wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 12:56:59 GMT, MarkH <> wrote:
    >

    >>I might see how my Orcon plan goes for a couple of months and check with
    >>the Slingshot users on how well they are going. Then I'll consider whether
    >>to change ISPs and who to.

    > Before your switch to Orocn, check the T/C .. its 12 months prison camp!

    Dont worry about that, its easy to get out of those if the service is no good,
    and as it costs them greatly if they fail to keep you on or 12 months its a good
    way to punish the shitty isps ;)

    Richard, Apr 5, 2006
  8. Vista

    MarkH Guest

    Torrential <> wrote in

    > On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 12:56:59 GMT, MarkH <> wrote:
    >

    >>I might see how my Orcon plan goes for a couple of months and check
    >>with the Slingshot users on how well they are going. Then I'll
    >>consider whether to change ISPs and who to.

    > Before your switch to Orocn, check the T/C .. its 12 months prison
    > camp!

    No worries, I have been with them since UBS started about a year and a half
    ago.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    Maskerade

    MarkH, Apr 5, 2006
  9. Vista

    Torrential Guest

    On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:06:33 GMT, MarkH <> wrote:

    >Torrential <> wrote in

    >>>I might see how my Orcon plan goes for a couple of months and check
    >>>with the Slingshot users on how well they are going. Then I'll
    >>>consider whether to change ISPs and who to.

    >> Before your switch to Orcon, check the T/C .. its 12 months prison
    >> camp!

    >No worries, I have been with them since UBS started about a year and a half
    >ago.

    Bugger Orcon, suck many new users in with the extended free modem etc..

    and then get the $150 disconnection fee for those who are willing to jump ship!

    So, they get the $$ without worrying losing customer..
    oh ya,, Shitting ISP for sure!

    Torrential, Apr 5, 2006
  10. Vista

    Vista Guest

    "Torrential" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:06:33 GMT, MarkH <> wrote:
    >
    >>Torrential <> wrote in

    >>> Before your switch to Orcon, check the T/C .. its 12 months prison
    >>> camp!

    >>No worries, I have been with them since UBS started about a year and a
    >>half
    >>ago.

    > Bugger Orcon, suck many new users in with the extended free modem etc..
    >
    > and then get the $150 disconnection fee for those who are willing to jump
    > ship!
    >
    > So, they get the $$ without worrying losing customer..
    > oh ya,, Shitting ISP for sure!

    If they are not providing the advertised service (the download speed isn't
    upto what was advertisied), then you can argue your way out of the
    disconnection fee. Haven't noticed Seeby in the newsgroups for ages to back
    up their services.

    Vista, Apr 6, 2006
  11. Vista

    Richard Guest

    Vista wrote:

    > If they are not providing the advertised service (the download speed isn't
    > upto what was advertisied), then you can argue your way out of the
    > disconnection fee. Haven't noticed Seeby in the newsgroups for ages to back
    > up their services.

    Yup, just make sure you have suitablely recorded attempts to resolve the issue
    with them before taking it to disputes if they wont credit the termination fee back.

    Richard, Apr 6, 2006